Mannes Young Composers Recital

Mahlon

The Mannes Young Composers Recital is being held at the Mannes Concert Hall in NYC, thats 150th west 85th street between amsterdam and columbus, on february 2 at 1:00 in the afternoon, admission is free. Anyone living in the metro/new york area feel free to come, its going to be a wild ride, a mix of all different styles and genres.

My flute and bassoon duet is also being debuted so yes I suppose I'm pluggin myself, but I thought I'd spread the word about the young composers of Mannes precollege! :grin:

Thanks

NEB

Hey good luck with that debut - and yes - shout it loud. I'm not in NYC otherwise I'd get along, but I'm afraid there's a somewhat large body of water affectionately called the pond in between so might be a small problem.

Hope it goes well.

I think new talent should be encouraged.

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
The Mannes Young Composers Recital is being held at the Mannes Concert Hall in NYC, thats 150th west 85th street between amsterdam and columbus, on february 2 at 1:00 in the afternoon, admission is free. Anyone living in the metro/new york area feel free to come, its going to be a wild ride, a mix of all different styles and genres.

My flute and bassoon duet is also being debuted so yes I suppose I'm pluggin myself, but I thought I'd spread the word about the young composers of Mannes precollege! :grin:

Thanks

Mahlon

My fingers are crossed on your behalf come February 2 :clap::clap::clap::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:. Would love to be there entirely for your live support, but N.Y.C. is about 4600 miles from my living quarters. I used to be a very good competition swimmer, but not that good!!

But I know you´ll be up-for-it being well prepared. The best of luck, and we´ll expect a full report from you Mahlon :banana::banana::banana::trp::trp::trp::up::up::up::clap::clap::clap::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:.

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Mahlon,

Here's another wish for your success in the debut. Please be sure to let us all know how everything went after the performance. I'm all for supporting our young people in the performance of classical literature.

Muza

Oh how Cool, Mahlon - how exciting. I am not going to wish you luck because Im sure you will do great (Well, maybe just a little bit of luck wouldnt hurt :) ). I would love to come, but just as people who responded before, I am in no physical position to do so, being on the other coast, broke, and all that stuff!

But we will be there mentally, chearing you on :)

marval

Good luck Mahlon, It sounds a very interesting recital. It would be lovely to be there but, being the other side of the pond rather excludes me.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy.

Margaret

intet_at_tabe

Hi Mahlon,

Here's another wish for your success in the debut. Please be sure to let us all know how everything went after the performance. I'm all for supporting our young people in the performance of classical literature.

Mr. Krummhorn

"I'm all for supporting our young people in the performance of classical literature", which leaves me with the knowledge of someone from the elderly group :grin::grin::grin::grin:.

Mahlon

hey thanks everyone for all your kind words, I really appreciate the thoughts. I'll be sure to report how it goes!

intet_at_tabe

hey thanks everyone for all your kind words, I really appreciate the thoughts. I'll be sure to report how it goes!

Everyone at the MIMF, today February 2 2008 our own very talented classical musician Mahlon will compete in the Big Apple at The Mannes Young Composers Recital at the Mannes Concert Hall in NYC.

Let´s all cross our fingers at 1:00 PM (US eastern time) for the best possible results for Mahlon:clap::clap::clap::clap::wave::wave::wave::wave:. From all of us at the MIMF to "all of you" Mahlon.

Mahlon

haha I love those applause faces, didn't know we had em. The concert went ok, it was a little sloppy.. and I feel that the players did much better in rehearsal, but I recieved a warm response. Onward and Upward I suppose.. Thanks again for your support. I will try and put up the recording from the concert when I get a chance. Not exactly competing intet, part of a concert with alot of peers and friends, but I like your emphasis! heh thanks again!!

intet_at_tabe

haha I love those applause faces, didn't know we had em. The concert went ok, it was a little sloppy.. and I feel that the players did much better in rehearsal, but I recieved a warm response. Onward and Upward I suppose.. Thanks again for your support. I will try and put up the recording from the concert when I get a chance. Not exactly competing intet, part of a concert with alot of peers and friends, but I like your emphasis! heh thanks again!!

Mahlon

You´re always welcome for more warm responces. Like you stated to me on a PM, the audience are most important even those like me, who are not trained and since I was there with you in my mind, I feel happy. ;);)

Happy and exited on your behalf that The Mannes Young Composers Recital at the Mannes Concert Hall in NYC turned out so well for you. Carry on Mahlon ;);)

When will be your next performance or recital of your compositions? I understand your post the way that other people play your work after having rehearsed it?

Mahlon

next recital is sometime in April I think, now I have to figure out what to write for then :cool:hmm, any suggestions are welcome. Yes the performers rehearsed beforehand, but they would have benifited from a bit more practice.. heh, I guess the harshest critic is the creator himself.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . . . The concert went ok, it was a little sloppy.. and I feel that the players did much better in rehearsal, but I recieved a warm response. Onward and Upward I suppose.

Great to hear that things went ok ... nerves will always be present for the actual performance, but with more rehearsal time and additional performances, things will improve for the better.

I am my worst critic too ... but try not to be too harsh on yourself ... dwell on all the good things that happened and enjoy preparing your next composition and getting ready for the next performance.

intet_at_tabe

next recital is sometime in April I think, now I have to figure out what to write for then :cool:hmm, any suggestions are welcome. Yes the performers rehearsed beforehand, but they would have benifited from a bit more practice.. heh, I guess the harshest critic is the creator himself.

Mahlon

Thank you for your response :cool:. Try to think of it this way. You were chosen and your musical work were monitored and studied by the committee behind the Mannes Young Composers Recital, an orchestra rehearsed it and performed it live the best way they possibly could at this particular time and like you said, your composition received applause. :clap::clap::tiphat::tiphat::wave::wave::banana::banana:

Now you defenitely know - YOU ARE GOOD ;);):clap::clap::tiphat::tiphat::wave::wave:.

This committee, your friends and supporters at the MIMF, embrases you on this achievement!!

We all are our own worst critics, when we feel the torch inside, when we burn for that individual significant feeling - of creation, being dedicated to our ideas implemented in the work/compositions we create from out of nothing. To do so talent is not enough, you need to burn for it, which you Mahlon obviously do. :clap::clap::tiphat::tiphat::wave::wave:.

You had a huge victory at the Mannes Concert Hall - so lean back my friend: Don´t worry, be happy - Now you´re heading for the next step in your musical career and come april, you will be judged again, better prepared in some areas than in February. You´re still very young and the world haven´t yet seen, what is inside of you. So: Don´t worry , be happy :banana::banana::clap::clap::tiphat::tiphat::wave::wave:

Last edited:

Mahlon

midi of duet

I've attached the midi and pdf of the duet, its not the best sound quality, but the computer does a better job than the live performance.. coughh.. :p excuse me for my rude lamentations.... :(

thanks to everyone for their support! especially to intet-at-tabe, I owe you one bro

Last edited: