intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Corno Dolce

Please help on this one. How do I enter a picture on the left side? Where do you get it from? Is it from your own PC? Or can one find it on the MIMF?

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Intet,

Lets see if I can help you on this one: I clicked and dragged an image from the web - the one I have is a picture of Carlos Gardel, the Tango singer from Buenos Aires. Type in your favorite composer, Classical artist, or Jazz artist, or anything your heart desires in Google images and click search.

A goodly number of images should come up - pick and choose, click and drag to your desktop or laptop screen as an image file - its what I did - and then go to the user control panel and select "edit avatar". Then just follow the instructions on the page. Of course, Krummhorn can help you find an easier way to do it.

Cheers,

CD :):):)

intet_at_tabe

Hi Intet,

Lets see if I can help you on this one: I clicked and dragged an image from the web - the one I have is a picture of Carlos Gardel, the Tango singer from Buenos Aires. Type in your favorite composer, Classical artist, or Jazz artist, or anything your heart desires in Google images and click search.

A goodly number of images should come up - pick and choose, click and drag to your desktop or laptop screen as an image file - its what I did - and then go to the user control panel and select "edit avatar". Then just follow the instructions on the page. Of course, Krummhorn can help you find an easier way to do it.

Cheers,

Thank you dear sir Corno Dolce.

I´ll have a go on it, since your aiming was okey dokey yesterday :grin::grin:.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hej Intet-at-tabe,

Just saw this posting and moved it here as it may be beneficial to others who may be interested.

Users may select an avatar of their choice, but the pixel size must be reduced to 80 x 80, or the file size must be 146.5 KB or less. Some photo editors will have tools for reducing image size so it becomes acceptable for uploading here. There are no "pre-defined" avatars available on this site, so you will need to import from google (please be aware of copyrighted photos) or from your own digital photographs.

When you are ready to install your custom avatar, click on "User Control Panel" at the upper left of any forum page, then click on "Edit Avatar" and follow the instructions there. Instead of "dragging" a photo, one can also insert the URL for it, too.

If you experience any problems, your forum staff is always available for assistance.

intet_at_tabe

Hej Intet-at-tabe,

Just saw this posting and moved it here as it may be beneficial to others who may be interested.

Users may select an avatar of their choice, but the pixel size must be reduced to 80 x 80, or the file size must be 146.5 KB or less. Some photo editors will have tools for reducing image size so it becomes acceptable for uploading here. There are no "pre-defined" avatars available on this site, so you will need to import from google (please be aware of copyrighted photos) or from your own digital photographs.

When you are ready to install your custom avatar, click on "User Control Panel" at the upper left of any forum page, then click on "Edit Avatar" and follow the instructions there. Instead of "dragging" a photo, one can also insert the URL for it, too.

If you experience any problems, your forum staff is always available for assistance.

Mr. Krummhorn and Mr. Corno Dolce aka Carlos Gardel

Thank you guys. As always overwhelmed with your courtesy for the less fortunate:tiphat:. Easy as a cake, eh? :confused:. Just follow the instructions! :confused: Right. Easy as a cake :lol::lol::lol::lol:.

But don´t you worry guys. "One of these days" quote from an old PINK FLOYD song. One of these days.....

I felt absolutely victorious, like Hannibal coming down the mountains on his elefants to ambush the romans on their own field, when I managed to enter the signature yesterday. Only to realise on the Wordgame thread, that the signature does not fit here, since everybody else don´t use one.

One of these days....like they say. Practice make a master :confused:

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Hi Intet,

May I humbly and respectfully ask that you not conflate me(aka) with Carlos Gardel. Yes, I use his picture but only because I admire his musicianship.

Your friend,

Corno Dolce

Aw gee whiz Intet - please don't cry :bawl::bawl::bawl: because you get me then to cry.

Be well dear sir,

intet_at_tabe

Aw gee whiz Intet - please don't cry :bawl::bawl::bawl: because you get me then to cry.

Be well dear sir,

Corno Dolce

This is too much on a tuesday morning both of us in need of a dam :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: to keep safety among our neighbours.

Had this been a thread on music, I would have served you with Steely Dan´s: "Whiz Kids".

Humbly, my great friend and then some more :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

intet_at_tabe

Corno Dolce

This is too much on a tuesday morning both of us in need of a dam :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: to keep safety among our neighbours.

Had this been a thread on music, I would have served you with Steely Dan´s: "Whiz Kids".

Humbly, my great friend and then some more :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Mr. Krummhorn and Corno Dolce

After four days, lots of valiums, fresh air through the windows, to keep steady as a rock 24/7 not at least awake focused on the task, I managed the avatar. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

What sort of prize does one achieve on the MIMF after this continued nerve-threatening-breaking match on life or death against a non verbal or responsive maschine. And then they say computers always win :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mr. Krummhorn and Corno Dolce

After four days, lots of valiums, fresh air through the windows, to keep steady as a rock 24/7 not at least awake focused on the task, I managed the avatar. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

What sort of prize does one achieve on the MIMF after this continued nerve-threatening-breaking match on life or death against a non verbal or responsive maschine. And then they say computers always win :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Then who cares if it´s on the wrong thread to show this message :grin::grin::grin::grin:

The prize in the MIMF? Just a lousy joke. Sorry Sir Frederik and Mr. Admiral Krummhorn, I did not discover it or catch up yesterday - tooooooo proud of my win over my computer, which to all of you is plain silly. But as they say even the stupid sometimes seems reasonable not stupid, and as we all know the things that come too easily, we don´t feel so happy towards, as the achievements, where we have to break our own borders to reach our goal.

The prize, obviously: Captain of Water Music. Wow, that title feels good. Thank you.
How about the uniform then, does it go with the title or do I have to buy it, with the hopefully increased salery?

Last edited by a moderator:

rojo

(Ret)
Beautiful avatar, Intet. I approve of your selection. :grin:

We all have computer hurdles to overcome. Well done. :clap:

intet_at_tabe

Beautiful avatar, Intet. I approve of your selection. :grin:

We all have computer hurdles to overcome. Well done. :clap:

That´s more like it :grin::grin::grin::grin:, thank you rojo. Now, what can I do for you my friend?