The streets: Princes or Pansies

leviathan

ok, basically what do u musicians think of The Streets

they aint quite rap, alternative, or basically anything - anyone think they've found there own groove? i reeeeally hope not!

NightHaunter

I suppose you're talking about the english band.
Well, I like them. And I think they are doing well. But I'm a weird boy because I like everything from classical music to hardcore goa. (techno-based music) Everything fascinates me. Mostly classical, though.
I respect all kinds of music but of course I like some of it better than other. Country for instance, I dont like that. But I respect the people who play country.
So, in short, I would say that the Streets are more Princes than Pansies
wink.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Unfortunately I don't really know much about "the streets", so I can't comment on them. However, I just wanna say that I'm pretty much on line with NightHaunter - my taste in music has a very large range (though "classical" is my favorite after all). Generally I think it's important to have a broad horizon

And btw, Welcome to the forum NightHaunter!
smile.gif

Priest

Commodore of Impending Doom II
Well.. I would call what "The Streets" are doing for a fusion of rap and drumnbass. Definately in my favor... so I would rather call them princes than pansies... but anyway... I don't think that I would go call them princes in the first place.

But it is definately worth having a broad taste of music. Personally I have no favorite kind of music. It depends on my mood, or what mood I would like to be.

I have arranged parties in almost every aspect of music. Everything from folk rock, hiphop jams, death metal concerts to rave and industrial parties. So now I just need to team up with you Frederik to do some alternative classic concert.

Pamadu

Civilian
I Will Just Stick with what "NightHaunter" has to Say.....It is Like eveything.!!!!!! You have to have a Broad Horizon,and to do this MUST Listen to ALL,to be able to Give a Constructive Comment. I get a "Little Something" out of ALL Genres...But,It is Hard to get Me away from The Hard Classical Training...BUT Find Different Styles Relax me....So that should "CONFUSE" everyone. LOL. Paul.Pamadu.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Yeah, we need to team up on that project, Priest!

btw. I was thinking about creating a section in the forum that only registered users can read. That could be a place for discussions on upcoming/ongoing projects. (Registered users will still be able to read the content, but I guess anything confidential should not be posted on a discussion forum like this in the first place)

Priest

Commodore of Impending Doom II
Sounds like a good idea. Remember I have a party tonight at...

Kraftwerket, Valgårdsvej 2, Toftegårdsplads kl.22.

We start out with the premier of "Et Juleeventyr" (A Christmas Adventure) and after that... a lot of music.

nancyrowina

The streets annoy me, to me they sound like a very targeted type of music, aimed at a very precise age group of men who are really hard to sell pop music to. The Streets have got them, and they're all buying it like suckers!

higher than hope

I'm british and they are taking over the society of alternative music its irritating they talk to music its like rap music but worse and i think definately Pansies!!!
Take care
Lots of love
Aino
xxxx