New Member (Classical Guitarist)

merula

Hi,

Just found this board, very well laid out!

By way of introduction check out,

www.matthewmcallister.com

I'm up for chat debate and answering questions etc.

Don't forget to sign the guestbook your feedback is appreciated.

M

Lotus80

Commodore of Water Music
Hi Merula,

welcome aboard
smile.gif

Very nice website, you've got there!

Cæcilie

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome Matthew, glad to have you aboard and hope to see you around often!
smile.gif

Your site looks great! I will take a closer look and listen to some of the music samples as soon as I have time.

cheers444.gif

merula

Thanks very much for the kind commments, this board looks very well supported and laid out.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Merula/Matthew,

Welcome aboard.
cheers444.gif

You're site looks very interesting.
Great to see and hear some rennaisance music once in a while, and well played too - so far I've only had a listen to the "Frog Galliard"... there's a great deal of "retrospect" in the music of Dowland, to me in anycase. There's really nothing like it to extract oneself from the world outside to a whole new place.

Look forward to see you around the forums.

Cheers,
cheers444.gif

Thomas/corno

merula

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the comments, you will probably like the other Dowland piece, Mr Dowlands Midnight, this is a really sombre and interesting glimpse into Dowland's personality.

Some of the other clips will hopefully interest you, you are welcome to reserve a copy of the album / sign the guestbook, the feedback is really useful!

The Towner later in the sound clips and in the album, are both rather reflective of a rennaisance and lute atmosphere, although a jazz guitarist Ralph Towner's genius and simplicity when writing for the guitar are synonimous with Dowlnad's for the lute.

M

Trebbien

Commodore of Choirs, Charm and Codes
Hi Matthew / merula,

Like the others, I also will say: welcome aboard!
up.gif

cool.gif
Trebbien