Hello everyone

draug

Dear All

Hi. I joined this site because I love classical music and everyone here can spell. I looked at other sites and got tired of reading opinions from people who "reely lik Mozart cuz IMHO hez like cool!" I assume they were only posting in order to brush up on their English Language GCSE, if such a thing still exists.
I am English (I have to say this to avoid annoying the Scots, Welsh and Irish; British being de trop in many quarters.)
I used to play the piano but after 15 years of lessons with a thoroughly uninspiring teacher and 'A' level music with teachers who did not even know the correct syllabus, I retired, coached but crap as the saying goes in cricketing circles.
At one time I might actually have limped into Hull University to read music but decided not to trouble them with my mediocrity. However, the good news was that I was jolly good at science! So I am a biologist and latterly a teacher which is a tremendous job.
I no longer reside in the UK and have difficulty seeing it as I remember it. I have lived in Venezuela, Asia, and Norway and will shortly be moving to the Middle East. I teach in International Schools and love my job. My sons (one biological, the other adopted from China) will be educated in wonderful schools with dozens of nationalities represented. They will grow up aware of many cultures and probably with a few 'Third Culture' hang ups, but I feel it is worth it.
My husband is American and a talented bluesman, playing guitar and harmonica.
So, here I am.
I'm a huge fan of Stephen Hough who reminds me of those 18th century worthies who were experts in everything. He is an intellectual who happens to play the piano rather bloody well (imho?) Here in Norway one cannot avoid Mr Andsnes who is indeed a tremendously self effacing, delightful individual whom I also admire.
Having said all that I have absolutely no style and no convictions (m'lud) and will listen to a well-thought out opinion on anything.
Chin chin
Draugie

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Draugie! :tiphat:

I hope you will enjoy being a member of our highly pluralistic musical community. I will be looking forward to your participation, which I can sense will be interesting.

Best regards,
Frederik

marval

Hi Draugie

Good to have you join the forum.

I also am English but, I still live here.

You will have a great time here, with some great people from al over the world.

Enjoy your time here.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Draug,

Welcome aboard the Starship MIMF where everyone is a star. Please do make yourself feel right at home and stay for a spell.

Cheers :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Corno Dolce :):):)

rojo

(Ret)
Hi draug! Nice introduction there.

Hope you have a great time here!

Yes, we do our best to spell correctly. :grin:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Hi draug, I loved your mini biography. It poignantly reminded me of my early life, and subsequent decision to give up professional music. I gotta tell you, string players are a pack of bitches, generally, glad I no long play orchestrally.

I assume you've picked up the odd word in Norsk?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:wave: Hello draug :wave:

Glad to have you aboard this forum community.
I see you have already jumped right in feet first and enjoying your time here.

Looking forward to reading all your contributions.