• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Question about MyOrgan

Analogicus

I am helping a friend set up MyOrgan on his computer to be played from a pipe organ console he built, using standard drawstops with electrical contacts fitted. We got it going yesterday, using the free sample sets of the Ott Orgel and the Stiers-Mockers organ. It sounds fantastic! But I have a problem using the "Listen for Event" function. We set up the Ott stops easily enough - he can play that organ now using his drawstops at the console. But we found that the Stiers-Mockers organ already had stops on the computer program allocated to the drawstops, and we would prefer to remove that allocation and start afresh. How do we do that? A PM (Personal Message) would be welcome if the answer is very technical.
Analogicus

spotty

I'm curious myself. I couldn't get the 'listen for events' function to 'hear' any events.

musicalis

HI

May be I have not understood very well your problem, but if I have understood correctly, the solution is esay.
Make a copy of the ODF (to be able to restore it) then open the ODF with notepad.exe and clear all the sections that store organ stops combinations.
Today I have no time, but I'll try to help you.

Analogicus

Thank you, Jean-Paul. I was hoping I could do it directly and easily from the MyOrgan program instead of having to edit the configuration file, but it may turn out that I have to do it the way you suggest.
I should add in view of spotty's post that I have had no problem using the "Listen for Event" function to set up an organ. I regard it as a great help for people like myself who are still not very familiar with MIDI.
Analogicus