could you survive 40 hours in a confined space??

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I'm claustrophobic as it is, and that situation would have put all my sanity to the test. At least the lights were on ... but there is little anyone can do in those circumstances, but for 48 hours ... that had to seem like an eternity.

Recently got stuck in our church elevator while moving a desk part to my 3rd floor office there. Of course, it was the weekend - a Saturday evening, nobody else around. I finally managed to pry the doors open and fortunately only had to step up a few inches to the floor level.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
I always carry a portfolio with writing instruments, writing paper, cellphone, and a laptop. It would come in handy should one be in a confined space for a protracted time period. So, yes I could survive.

marval

I am not sure, 40 hours is quite a long time, and stuck in a lift it would seem even longer.

I might be alright if I had some music to listen too, a book to read or, some crosswords to do.

Mind you I would want a nice G&T when I came out.

Margaret

methodistgirl

I have done that one time when I was in the hospital once. I was
unable to get up and walk about for two weeks with everything
imaginable hooked up on me. I could do that. You are talking
about almost two days. I have done that. Just as I did, I would
have things to think about. Cry over it. I know that people trapped
somewhere have to deal with it until help arrives. I know it gives
you time to think and get your mind clear for when you are released.
judy tooley

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I always carry a portfolio with writing instruments, writing paper, cellphone, and a laptop. It would come in handy should one be in a confined space for a protracted time period. So, yes I could survive.

Now, there's a person who is well prepared for any of life's emergencies :cool:.
But ... no toothbrush? :confused: :crazy: :grin:

Muza

The only problem for me would be boredom. I dont know if i could handle 40 hrs with nothing to do, but then again - desperate times call for desperate measures...and a heck of a lot of creativity. so, i think i would be fine ;)

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
A couple of years ago there was an american magician, who willingly had his body boxed in ice for days on end. Pedestians would walk on the pavement watching him inside the ice, and wondering - Why?

He survived, but did not manage to controle his own legs, when finally free. He said, he did this attempt of a record to show how one can surviove using the method of meditation. Rather foolish in my opinion.

There are many records to be broken, but 41 hours inside a small box in a lift, not my cup of tea at all. I guess if you need to stop smoking and you have tried every other method, not succeeding, it could come in handy :D

Muza

sure, except that you get out and smoke two packs right away - to celebrate freedom ;)

intet_at_tabe

Muza dear,
Caught with my trousers down as a former smoker :tiphat::clap::wave::banana::trp::lol::lol::lol::lol:. Of course, the only logical assumption to celebrate regained freedom.

Duce point ;):):D:eek::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

Muza

haha, see? I know who Im dealing with!!! and let me just add this one thing - there's nothing that delights me more than catching people with their trousers down ;) well, that and planning to take over the world :angel::devil::ut: ;):D:):grin:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I mentioned in the newspaper that he urinated through the doors (which you can see him force open). I can only imagine his aim was rather good (of course) any other bodily function might have been much more harrowing and, thankfully, edited out of the video take.

intet_at_tabe

haha, see? I know who Im dealing with!!! and let me just add this one thing - there's nothing that delights me more than catching people with their trousers down ;) well, that and planning to take over the world :angel::devil::ut: ;):D:):grin:

Muza dear :tiphat:

I sympathize with your "modest" ambitions on the world :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:.

About the catching people with their trousers down. How do you work it out with the Scots - I mean these clan guys from the highlands way up north - wearing the traditional kilt? ;):grin::D:):rolleyes::crazy::smirk:

Muza

Oh thats no problem at all - I dont discriminate based on kilts! Sometimes a man who wears a skirt is the one who wears the pants in the family!!! ;););)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator note:

The ensuing discussion (criminal punishment) that followed this latest posting, was wandering off topic from the original subject matter, and needed have it's own separate thread, which has been created starting with the post that Methodistgirl posted about the gal who was trapped by her father for 20+ years, etc etc. That new thread (which shows being created by Methodistgirl) appears HERE in the Open Debate forum area. It's a great subject and we look forward to continued input from all concerned.

Krummhorn, Sr. Regulator
Magle International Music Forums

C5Says

Lack of oxygen is more of the issue here than the confined space. If oxygen was not a problem, space for me is not much of a problem. If cellphones were as common as it is now, that confinement would not take long. I would most likely be armed with a pen and paper also and use the time writing. It could be the best piece ever written (compared to MY other writings).

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Dear Muza,

A Kilt is not a skirt :scold::shake::D:lol: I wear a Kilt to some party functions plus my fiancee likes it very much.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

intet_at_tabe

Dear Muza,

A Kilt is not a skirt :scold::shake::D:lol: I wear a Kilt to some party functions plus my fiancee likes it very much.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Way to go - dear sir Corno Dolce :tiphat::clap:

Without getting too intimate, I can imagine why your fiancee like it very much, and you wouldn´t obviously use the kilt for Tango-for-two-round-midnight, in public??? :tiphat::clap::banana::trp::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Muza

Oh come on guys, I was only kidding.:p:grin:

Im all for it - looks good, allows free movement and ventilation....gotta love skirts!!!! :devil::clap::banana::alc: