Totally useless facts ...

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I just learnt today that Indonesia and the Principality of Monaco have identical flags ... at least they're both red and white and ones is fatter or shorter than the other.

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
I hope white and red flag is not a problem for you, guys:p:p:p. Click here

Cheeers,
Mat:grin::grin:

marval

I hope not.

The St.George flag is red and white (and he slays dragons). So watch out, no only joking.

Margaret

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Well, obviously none of you look at the flags of Indonesia and the Principality of Where-ever because their similarities are incredible, unlike the flags of the USA, Russia, England who all only have colour in common. Then again, it was a totally useless fact!!

Muza

I did too look at those flags, and yeah the resemblance is crazy. but maybe those are related, politically. are they?

marval

Here is a totally useless fact. I wonder if anyone counted them.

On average there are 178 sesame seeds on each McDonalds Big Mac bun.

Margaret

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
I have just found out that there is a small village in southern Poland called 'Cold Vodka' :grin:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
There is a tiny unincorporated hamlet in Northern California called "Rough and Ready".

===

There is a town in New Mexico called Truth or Consequences.

===

There is a hamlet called Tuba City on an Indian Reservation in Northern Arizona. When I first saw that place-name my mind did a double-take: Do they craft Tubas there?

===

The distance to the moon measured in feet is 1,261,000,000.

===

Last edited by a moderator:

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Your statistical chance of being murdered is one in twenty thousand.

marval

There are two villages in England, One called Piddle in the Hole, and the other called Piddle on the Hill.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Oh goodness Margaret - quite amusing I must say.

===

According to my friends at the Mauna Kea Observatory on the Big Island of Hawaii there are between 2*10^11 and 6*10^11 stars in our Galaxy called the Milky Way. A low-ball guesstimation by the pros as to the number of stars in the whole Universe is around 16*10^21 stars. Mind boggling in the extreme I'd say.......

Last edited by a moderator:

marval

It takes a drop of ocean water more than 1,000 years to circulate around the world.

Margaret

methodistgirl

Mexico and Italy has the same colored flag except for the bald eagle
holding a snake in the middle of the flag for Mexico.
judy tooley