The User Titles Discussion

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
not offended... but ehm... - your title is all wrong... tsktsk...
wink.gif
tongue.gif
personal "titles" - tsktsk... then I want to be "Commander of Notes, Dots and at times also Slurs"... hehe
grin.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Re: New titles! Anyone offended? Then shu...speak

All wrong?!! Not in this navy!... I mean on this board
wink.gif

Anyway, when you reach 50 posts, you will be entitled "Commander of Notes, Dots and at times also Slurs"

(btw, if you wish I can also give you a custom title now, but it will have to follow the regular ranks
tongue.gif
)

corno

Sr. Regulator

oh you just watch it!!! - or I will make you walk the plank
wink.gif

corno

Sr. Regulator

aye... you catch on fast... matey...
grin.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator

anyways, got me thinking (no jokes please!):

These "naval ranks" should maybe be "musicalised" a little...
ideas?

corno

Sr. Regulator

hmm... well... - maybe with some "decorative" italian musical expressions... "Captain non troppo" - hmm... ok... or... "Appassionata Admiral" - there's also the "lame" "Colonel Boogie" hehe
grin.gif

yeah yeah... it's saturday afternoon... :p

Pamadu

Civilian
Re: New titles! Anyone offended? Then shu...speak up ;

Not Offended at All. I was in the Australian Navy.(Bandy) LOL.....
Could Think of a Few Good "Musical" add ons,but May get Thrown out of Forum...lol. Any Way Frederik & Corno...Hang On.!!!!!! Don't "Walk the Plank Just Yet".....We are Going to "Splice the Main Brace.... First".......Have a Happy Christmas and May All Wishes come True for 2004....Cheers. Pamadu/Paul. That is to ALL Members as WELL.!!!!!! Save Me Postage in Sending to All Personally....lol.

Pamadu

Civilian

A Seaman.....Thats Great....Hope I can Swim.....But a Hornpiper.!!!!!! Learn to Play The Horn or Not the Bagpipes....
OH.....That's That "Dance".!!!!!!! LOL. Can Play a Few on the Keyboard,but "Practice" will be Needed to Dance..... Sorry Being Silly....It's ALL Good.Better "Shut Up Though"....... Paul/Pamadu

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator

Glad you're not offended!
smile.gif

anyway, don't worry too much about being a hornpiper, you will soon become an officer and then you will no longer have to play the horn!
grin.gif

Pamadu

Civilian

OK.....Last One!!!! .Commodore of The "Water Music" Like That.
Rear Admiral......"APPASSIONATA".......mmmmmmmm
I have to Be Careful here.....Of The "Senior Oficers". lol.
Sleep...Then Music to Do......Paul/Pamadu.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
The User Titles (\"Ranks\") On This Forum

Former Subject Title for this thread: New titles! Anyone offended? Then shu...speak up ;-)

The title system is based on your post count: The more posts you make the higher your "rank". Furthermore as you progress you will get access to closed and even hidden forums (eg. the "Officer's Mess" and the "Flag Officers' Council & Lounge"). The titles are ranging from Recruit (seaman) and all the way up to Music Admiral!!!

Based on No. of posts:

0 = Skulker
mad.gif

1 = Recruit
3 = Apprentice, baby violin
6 = Seaman, 2nd violin
10 = Seaman, 1st violin
15 = Midshipman, 2nd Assistant Concertmaster

Officers (with access to the "Officers' Mess"):
25 = Ensign, Principal Trumpet
35 = Lieutenant, Associate Concertmaster
50 = Lieutenant, Concertmaster
75 = Lieutenant Commander, Principal Concertmaster
100 = Commander, Assistant Conductor
150 = Captain of the Orchestra

Flag Officers (with access to the "Flag Officers' Council & Lounge"):
250 = Commodore [of Water Music*]
500 = Rear Admiral [Appassionata*]
1000 = Vice Admiral [con Forza*]
2500 = Admiral [+always custom title*]
5000 = 5 Star Music Admiral [+always custom title*] (+ personal forum **)

* Everyone reaching the "rank" of "Commodore" (250 posts) and above can get a [custom title] of their own choice!
** Aside from the title, every 5 Star Admiral gets a personal sub-forum (open or closed ad libitum) on Magle International Music Forums which he/she can moderate at will.

NEW OPTION - CIVILIANS!:
If anyone dislikes the notion of being entitled with a "naval rank", but would still like to post actively on this forum, there is now the option of renouncing your "rank" and get the title Civilian instead. Contact me with the request (PM, email or a post in this thread). You can become "Civilian" regardless of your post-count. The only disadvantage for a "Civilian" is lack of access to the "Officers' Mess" and "Flag Officer's Council" forums. In every other regard a "Civilian" has the full posting privileges of other members of equal post-count.

If you would like to go back to the "naval rank" titles (perhaps to check out what's going on in the "Officers' Mess"), you can do that as well if you have a post-count of minimum 100 posts - though only three switches can happen a year (per member) at max. Also, if you go from "Civilian" to "Navy" you will get a "rank" one step lower than the current norm for your post-count.

other suggestions are also welcomed.

[EDIT: OK, the titles have been "musicalised" a little]
[EDIT2: spiced up the lower ranks a bit, split "seaman" rank in "2nd & 1st violin"]
[EDIT3: introducing landlubbers...eh...I mean "civilians"
wink.gif
]
[EDIT4: added "Midshipman" rank]
[EDIT5: more "orchestral" ranks]
[EDIT6: Added personal forums for 5 Star Admirals]
[EDIT7: Minor changes]

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator

almost forgot:

A merry christmas to you pamadu and Corno!!
smile.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator

Well, after very careful consideration I have decided to change my own title back to the neutral and more serious "Administrator" - not because of Corno's mutiny! (Let's just say he now knows what it feels like to be keelhauled...
wink.gif
). The reason is that people who visit this site for the first time might get the wrong impression. When there are a lot more users here one day I might change my title to "Admiral of the Musical Fleet" again, but for now only you - the users - have the interesting titles!

Pamadu

Civilian

OK.....I Now Have "One Stripe".....Thanks.
Christmas Blessings to ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
CYA in the New Year 2004.!!!!!!!!!!! WOW Time Flies.!!!!!!
pamadu/Paul.

corno

Sr. Regulator

heyheyhey... what's wrong with being a hornplayer/piper? - tsktsk... manners gentlemen manners!!!...

hmm... I've been away for what... a week... and the whole thing looks different... - tsktsk...

Pamadu

Civilian

Nothing Wrong with being a HORN Player Corno...I could never handle The "Emboucher"...Now The Flute,I can Handle.
Anyway...Good Luck With Your Exams Mate. YEP.. Frederik has "Jazzed the Site up"..amaing what Happens in a Weel.lol.
Hope You Had a Good Xmas & May All Your Wishes come True in 2004. Cheers. pamadu/Paul

corno

Sr. Regulator

hehe
smile.gif

well the embouchure is also the weakest "link" in the hornplayer equation - it's not working perfectly for me either... especially when I haven't had time to practise for a long time and have to take part in a concert... - but well... it usually works
smile.gif
hehe...

what's with this capitalization of every word now and then? - it's a little confusing...
wink.gif

thanks... balancing exams and x-mas AND playing one of the two computer games I've gotten for x-mas is really hard
wink.gif
hehe...

cheers to you to.

/Thomas

corno

Sr. Regulator
Re: New titles! Anyone offended? Then shu...speak up ;-)

hey... tsktsk... you've raised my "commander" limit... you... bad admin you... hehe
smile.gif
tongue.gif

Pamadu

Civilian

written in lower case.hehe. never noticed it before. ANYWAY. lol.
would love to know what new puter games you got.??????????
that's after you pass those exams. cheers for 2004 thomas.
from paul.