Ave Maria - Frans Schubert

falcon1

Well not my composition but still me performing (and my video) - not just on organ though. :)

What do you think? Is it ok? :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsZUs55Ls00[/youtube]

falcon1

Thank you alexiakl. :)

Yup, that "Ave Maria" you send link to is by Bach and Gounod. Gounod wrote the melody over the famous 1st prelude in The Well-Tempered Clavier by Bach.
That version is nice but not the best I have heard though. :)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Falcon1,

The Ave Maria was splendid ... wonderful sound quality so unlike the normal youtube offerings we normally get exposed to. Video nicely done, too ... like the fade to dark at the end of the piece.

alexiakl

Yup, that "Ave Maria" you send link to is by Bach and Gounod. Gounod wrote the melody over the famous 1st prelude in The Well-Tempered Clavier by Bach.

Thank you Falcon1 for the precious information. I included this information in the history of the song in my website. :) and once again congratulation for your beautiful version.

greatcyber

Greeting Falcon1,

That was supremely pleasant to listen to and brought me back to my childhood. I seem to enjoy all of the Ave Maria's, not matter the version.

sunwaiter

i will add my kitsch-jazz-funk touch: the "ave maria" by Eumir Deodato, the CTI big-seller. and since i'm on it, there's also his version of "pavane for a dead princess"

jesperdk

well done, a favorite piece of mine and Im currently working on doing it myself on spanish/classic guitar, will let u know when its done.