Advanced Piano Work

James McFadyen

Hi

I'm James, owner of independant publisher, Devilish Publishing Music Publishers and we have 1 copy of an advanced piano work by composer Richard Nye entitled "Mind Games" to give away to a pianist.

We are offering the free copy to a pianist who is interested in performing the work. Please note that as we only have 1 copy to give away, the prospective pianist must be serious and not request to have a copy to 'look it over' and think about it. We will not enter into correspondance with such requests.

You can view a page of the score and listen to the 1st movement at our Piano page here: http://www.devilishpublishing.com/cat_piano.htm

Direct your enquiries to: [email protected]

Teo

Hi

I'm James, owner of independant publisher, Devilish Publishing Music Publishers and we have 1 copy of an advanced piano work by composer Richard Nye entitled "Mind Games" to give away to a pianist.

We are offering the free copy to a pianist who is interested in performing the work. Please note that as we only have 1 copy to give away, the prospective pianist must be serious and not request to have a copy to 'look it over' and think about it. We will not enter into correspondance with such requests.

You can view a page of the score and listen to the 1st movement at our Piano page here: http://www.devilishpublishing.com/cat_piano.htm
Hi James, I'm Teo.

My Flash player isn't up to your speed... people should save in the OLDEST format - much more universal than the LATEST.. anyway, I downloaded the http://www.devilishpublishing.com/pd_xt/d0705.swf file and opened it in QuicktimePlayer, I could only listen, not look.. I'll look in a few days at a friend's better computer.

You have to admit, this sounds a little too funny! I'm asking for someone's MIND GAMES? And I'm making a deal with the DEVILish publishing? You bringing me to Manchester if I win? Just asking. Not the worse song. It is sort of mind-ey.. hey, is he related to Bill Nye The Science Guy?:grin:

Regards, Teo ;)

James McFadyen

Hi Teo

A few things:

1) Update your flash player. It's free from Adobe or Macromedia. It's important to keep up to date with your flash player so that websites can give you better experiences with the new improved features.

2) Do you have Acrobat Reader installed? If so, you shouldn't have any problems reading the sample page.

3) It is not a competition. We're looking for a pianist who would be interested in performing the work in public. We're looking for someone professional, we're not giving it to a 'lucky pianist', only a pianist of professional standing. However any pianist is welcome to buy a copy.

Teo

I don't like being told to upgrade my software all the time

Hi James,

Hi Teo

A few things:

1) Update your flash player. It's free from Adobe or Macromedia. It's important to keep up to date with your flash player so that websites can give you better experiences with the new improved features.
Balderdash (I'm being polite, otherwise $FJ@$IF"S@JFG@$F how dare you! A duel at dawn!!!:mad:)
I hate the new versions. I use Mac OS9, and Windows 98 SE. I have designed things so fascinating you would call me a god. I am not. Just smart, and worked with designers from Captain Crunch through Claris, Steve Beck (the first megabytes for Mac), Adobe, Quantum, Macromedia, Apple, DEC, SRI, NASA, not to mention law firms, government organizations and schools etc.

Don't tell me to update my software!!!! I hate that.

The latest versions are simply to sell hardware. I used to sell computers. For years. In stores, retail, starting with the Commodore 64 and before that CBM business machines. Before that I was on IBM 370s. Don't tell me to get new software.

YOU LEARN TO MAKE MORE COMPATIBLE FILES

ok ok ok baditude out of the way...

It's a neat Flash graphic. Reminds me of one I made from their template years ago. Pretty!
2) Do you have Acrobat Reader installed? If so, you shouldn't have any problems reading the sample page.
Acrobat read a .swf file? You are using 2009 version of Acrobat I suppose.. I am a dinosaur remember? Acrobat 5.1 died (laughing) when I just tried to open the .swf in it. :grin:

People who tell you to upgrade things are selling boxes. Pretty soon this 6GB hard drive isn't enough. Need more MHZ. More RAM. More screen dpi. Pretty soon you have to throw away a really useful computer because someone won't make more compatible files.. hint hint!!!:rolleyes:
3) It is not a competition. We're looking for a pianist who would be interested in performing the work in public. We're looking for someone professional, we're not giving it to a 'lucky pianist', only a pianist of professional standing. However any pianist is welcome to buy a copy.
Hey, I think you are a fine publisher. Maybe if you were Chopin's publisher more would have tried to play his works! I'm giving Nye a backhanded compliment. The 60 seconds or so that I downloaded and played (thanks a lot! I like it! I like you for sharing the sample! Nye play it?) actually sounded more heady or mind-games-ey than I'm interested in right now. I'm on Schubert's Impromptu #3 in G flat, some Brahms pieces, Chopin's Konzert in F minor and Liszt's transcriptions of Beethoven's symphonies.. now. Actually Granado's Waltz Brilliante, Santa Lucia (I get to sing it too!), and a St. George de Chevalier operatic aria from "Ernestine."

I guess you can see I'm deeply into the romantic, and classic classical.. my wig is St. George's, cute hum?

Really, is he related to Bill Nye the science guy? The music has that brainy exclamation.. if he isn't, maybe Bill Nye would use his music in a scientific documentary! Free tip from me to you buddy.

I don't think you are spam, or even DEVILish like your publishing company name.. by the way.. (and this would really be a Mind Game) under your name it says "with Naomi" that's not the Naomi that picked on me in my post sharing my first tries with classical music? I enjoyed the dialog, I'll never remember her saying "between your site and what you say reality falls apart." Classic!

The best of luck to you, your Publishing Company, and Nye and other great composers.

Sincerely,

Teo

;)