and the prize for the neatest manuscript goes to ...

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
My vote is for Sir Arthur Sullivan. His manuscript is just devine ... (oh yeah, and if you name the work this is an extract from I'll post you a prize).

methodistgirl

Well I tried to download the manuscript and the computer just sit there
for me to do something I guess. I did!:grin: I'm sorry but I don't know of
this composer.:cry:
judy tooley

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Judy - yes you do, he wrote The Mikado, The Pirates of Penzance, H.M.S. Pinafore ... (hint, it's not from any of those).

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
The music is yet a mystery for me, but the words are from Psalm 103:13 (KJV), that starts out: "Bless The Lord, O My Soul" or in German: Nun lob mein Seel, den Herren

Could be part of an oratorio ... I was thinking about Mendelssohn, but some of the strange musical intervals point away from him, but then again ... a slim possibility, perhaps.

Muza

It most certainly is...i knew it! just didnt want to ruin the surprise for everybody :grin:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
well, blow my nose ... :lol: ... ol Sir Arthur ... very interesting, and surprising.

rojo

(Ret)
Wow; no black smudges, ink spills, scratched out notes, scribbles.. not even a doodle! :grin:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Indeed - very neat manuscript Rojo - I've seen his Mikado manuscript and it's equally as immaculate and he finished that little money spinner on a very, very tight deadline.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Too late for prize giving and I'm stunned some of the brains trust (Sweet Corn or Krummiest for example) didn't sleuth this ... but it's from Sir Arthur Sullivan's oratorio The Prodigal Son.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Brain trust(Sweet Corn)???

Oh my goodness - I must be living in a vacuum :grin::crazy::smirk::banana::nut::lol::pray:

rojo

(Ret)
Too late for prize giving and I'm stunned some of the brains trust (Sweet Corn or Krummiest for example) didn't sleuth this ... but it's from Sir Arthur Sullivan's oratorio The Prodigal Son.
What, my name doesn't immediately spring to mind as an example of the brains trust around here? Damn.

You just don't notice my smarts because you're too awestruck by my beauty... *tosses hair*

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
LOL - if it weren't for the fact that you're Canadian and I'm pretty sure Kath and Kim hasn't aired in Canada, that hair toss is very Kim: Noice, unusual, different.

rojo

(Ret)
Well, maybe I was inspired by this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzCUl4cG8X8[/youtube]

Guess I'd better be careful. lol

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Ms. RoJo,

Having seen your picture once on your web url I can witness to your being a really nice-looking gal who can be in the finest of company anywhere and I mean this as a sincere compliment.

Respectfully yours,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

rojo

(Ret)
lol Thanks CD.

As seen here, I think if anything, it's my predilection for silliness that tends to overshadow evidence of my intellect...

:ut:

Ok, enough about me; here's a question. Who gets the prize for the messiest manuscript? :crazy: