New World Musician has joined the forum

Gongchime

Hi everyone,

below you'll find my bio. I'd like to be more personal than just pasting up my bio so please write a response and I'll try to be much warmer than a cold bio that just lays there.
devil.gif

I was born in 1964 in Las Vegas. I was a featured soloist for the Nevada Classical Guitar SocietyI played in many restuarants and weddings. I majored in music at Northern Arizona University. I studied music composition with Bruce Reiprich and Kenneth Rummery. I directed NAU preparatory school's jazz combos I and IIand played bass in their big band. I also played in NAU's steel drum ensemble under Steve Hemphill, president of the Arizona Chapter of the percussive arts societyclass=contentContainerI have traveled to Miami and heard the Miami Cuban sound. I have heard; the blues played proper in New Orleans, Mariachi music in Puerto Penasco, Mexico, the traditional music in Korea and went to a traditional Piphat Mon performance at a temple in Hua Hin, Thailand. I have read many books on aesthetics, music composition, and ethnomusicology especially gamelan transcriptions and East Indian musical practices. I'm interested in music theory, scales, chords, harmony, music composition, rhythms, drums and drummingI have jammed with Korean jazz marimba player and music professor Baek Jin Woo and Blues artist Son Yong Woo of the band Shincheon Blues. I have a sitar, a Korean Kayageum (Koto), Korean Guengari (small gong), Korean Jing (medium gong), KoreanChango (double headed drum played with a stick and a hard ball mallet), American Chapman Stick, Steel drumsfrom Trinidad, a didgerido from Australia and an equal tempered Indonesian Gamelan! I have built xylophones, thumb pianos, stamping tubes, Brazilian&;Berimbau, Spike fiddles and the hammered dulcimers of Arabia, China and South East Asia; I have made large metal bells from scuba tanks and I have also built lutes. I have written more music than I can count;as well as published articles on music composition, aesthetics and ethnomusicology www.paradisemoon.com/thai_main/Huahin/thai_instruments_intro.htm;My music combines melodic motives from jazz, rhythmic motives from;the;Middle East, India, Africa, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Bali, Cuba and the Carribean. It also uses;drones, modal chord progressions and instruments from around the world such as Koto;Gongs and Gamelan. My music sometimes utilizes;interlocking patterns in the vein of gamelan and African Amadinda; My music;could be described as Bankok Blue meets Deep Forest. I'm a member of "TAXI" the world's largest independant A&R company. I'll be marketing my Resplendant Garden of Contemplation/Gongchime Rainforest project to the Cultural Creatives market as well as to T.V. and film through sound libraries. Some titles from my portfolio include; Across Time, Deep Blue, River of Stars, Fountain Mist, Pagoda Lantern, Daughters of Maya, Mystic Shepherd, Ally of Creation, Cradle of Time, and DeerPark among others.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Greg!
Welcome aboard.
smile.gif

Looking forward to see you around.

cheers444.gif