PDA

View Full Version : Extraordinary photos

Mat
May-15-2008, 00:57
I just wanted to show you these (http://www.joemonster.org/phorum/read.php?f=18&t=327208) photos;).

Muza
May-15-2008, 01:41
Those are cool! ;) what are they?

Krummhorn
May-15-2008, 05:04
Hey Mat,

Those are spectacular ... are these time lapse exposures overlayed on existing night shots?

intet_at_tabe
May-15-2008, 09:06
I just wanted to show you these (http://www.joemonster.org/phorum/read.php?f=18&t=327208) photos;).

Wow Mat :tiphat: - AWESOME pictures, digitalised somehow?

Mat
May-15-2008, 11:06
Let me get this straight. These are not mine. Unfortunately... Someone on the other fourm posted that link as a interesing detail. Actually, it's from my flashlight forum:nut:. I have no idea how the guy managed to do that. I believe it is thanks to some kind of digital intervention. Perhaps Krummhorn's right. But it's only my guess...

P.S My signature contains the link to some of my photos;)

marval
May-15-2008, 17:58
Those are really good photos. I like the effects they give.

Margaret

methodistgirl
May-15-2008, 18:35
Mat, the photos I have are not mine either. I will still download them
and enjoy looking at them once in a while. I love to look at something
ancient or beautiful or even weird.
judy tooley

Contratrombone64
May-16-2008, 03:31
two things:

1) wouldn't load so I couldn't comment on the photos and
2) "probably the best page in the universe" is a little over the top, don't you think?

made me smile though, got to love the spirit of the Polish

Mat
May-16-2008, 23:55
1) bad luck
2) it's not about the title, it's about the pictures

made me smile though, got to love the spirit of the Polish

Of course. If you understand it...

intet_at_tabe
May-17-2008, 07:52
1) bad luck
2) it's not about the title, it's about the pictures

Of course. If you understand it...

Dear Mat:tiphat:

Weather you took those pictures or not is not the issue at all. The reason you entered them here, was that you found them so strange and beautiful at the same time, so you wanted for all of us, your dear colleagues at the MIMF, to have the same motivation as you to enjoy these images.

The first thing, I thought about when watching these strange however beautiful orchestrated pictures was the English Rock group PINK FLOYD. Because PINK FLOYD always had strange pictures on each of their album covers made by a group of photographers called Hipnogsis (if my memory still serves me right).

So cheer up my polish friend and bring whatever new pictures to us that you please.

Contratrombone64
May-19-2008, 07:28
Mat - I'm really pee'd off I can't download your photos!!

Mat
May-19-2008, 15:58
I guess I can send you these photos via email if you really care

methodistgirl
May-19-2008, 16:25
Go right ahead Matt.
judy tooley

Albert
Nov-13-2008, 07:28
The photos are taken with a camera on a tripod and a time exposure, using the Bulb mode. The subject has a flashlight or other light source, and the photographer leaves the lens open long enough that the swinging light has time to go around several turns. The same technique is used for those photos of long streaks of tail lights on a road.

sunwaiter
Nov-13-2008, 13:06
it is quite easy to achieve something almost as clean and beautiful as these photos, with a simple camera, a bulb, and a lightswitch turned off.

GoneBaroque
May-30-2011, 20:11
Strange and beautiful sums it up. Thank you

Rob

Mat
May-30-2011, 20:32
Glad you liked 'em, Rob.

teddy
Jun-01-2011, 12:17
Just caught up with this thread. I agree. Stunning pictures. Thanks Mat

teddy

White Knight
Jun-02-2011, 02:01
Just caught up with this thread. I agree. Stunning pictures. Thanks Mat

teddy

I echo Teddy in his sentiments. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Corno Dolce
Jun-07-2011, 03:48
Nice Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chou4555
Jul-23-2011, 09:49
Yep the photos are great.. and pink Floys leapt into my mind too. I wish I knew how these photos were taken. Reason?

Well I want to get a digital SLR camera to take unusual time-lapse photos like this, but want to make sure the one I get is a) fairly simple for an amatuer to get to grips with, but also b) capable of some finesse once you get experienced. I'm thinking of the new lumix G3 http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/LUMIX+Digital+Cameras/Overview/LUMIX+G+Micro+System+Cameras/4855154/index. which is getting ood reviews. But wondered if anyone knows whether it could take photos like these ones here?

teddy
Jul-23-2011, 12:33
Have a word with Mike (dorset mike) He is one of the experienced photographers here.

teddy