Song by Rachmaninoff...

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi CT64,

I am a certified Rachmaninovian :lol::lol::lol: Rachmaninoff Rocks My World!

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Corno Dolce

Hi CT64,

About a week ago I got the DVD entitled *Harvest Of Sorrow*. Its about Rachmaninoff's life and music. My Lady and I have watched it several times already and we have cried tears of empathy for the man who could not return to Russia after he fled from the Evil Bolshie/Commie Empire. And tears of joy for the most sublime, heartrendering, and intellectually satisfying music iovho.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Sweet Corn - yeah, one can't help but just LOVE Rachmaninov's music. Actually I have a rather delightful organ transcription of one of his preludes (the g minor), it's a little over the top on the organ but satisfying, nevertheless.

Corno Dolce

CT64,

The Rachmaninoff you have - Is that the sheet music or the recording done by the incomparable Thomas Murray on the Woolsey Hall organ of Yale University?

CD :D:D:D:D

Corno Dolce

Thomas Murray has such a wonderful interpretative style. His recording of the works of Elgar are just *superfantabulous*.

Back on Rachmaninoff topic: The Theatre Organist Jelani Eddington has, from what I understand, recorded Rachmaninoff's 2nd piano concerto on a Theatre organ. I'm trying to envision what it would sound like...Man, THAT would be an *exotic* sound.

Last edited: