• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Software to draw myorgan definition files

musicalis

Hello
Soon a good new for MyOrgan /Hauptwerk-1 organ lovers.

I am writting a program to build very quickly and easily the ODF or your new organs.
the program is not completed, many small bugs remain, but we can use it if we are able to edit the ODF and correct these errors. Mainly, the errors are about the position of the stops, couplers, generals and divisionnal. It is not easy to compute their position.
As soon the program is ready, I'll release it as a freeware. first it will be in french language, then i'll make an English version.

Here is a screenshot of the program. in fact there are many other windows.
The 2 lists you can see are for checking up and editing the ODF before saving it as an *.organ file. There are also many other editable lists. It is a very big softawre, it is the reason why it is not completed yet and have buggs.
capture%20myorgan%20builder_01.jpg

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Wow - Impressive ...

This represents lots of work effort on your part, J-Paul ... I'm sure the users of MyOrgan and Hauptwerk will really appreciate this software program.

raymondo30837

Hello Jean-Paul, Further to my contributions in other threads, you are indeed an expert in this field. I look forward to some assistance from you in the near future, to set up a virtual pipe organ on my computer.;)

Kind Regards, Raymond

musicalis

Hi

The software progress, but I have been loosing a lot of time to rewrite it in 32 bits. In 16 bit there was too much problems as :
- impossible to reach sound samples if the path or the name was too long (ie: C:/documents and settings/......./myorgan/pipes/flute à cheminée 8'/01-c1.wave)
- impossible to give an ODF a file name with "organ" as extension (only 3 chars allowed).

spotty

slightly off topic but...I notice Myorgan hasn't had any updates since 2006.
Is it a 'dead' product? Is the source code available? Does it work under Vista?

I'd hate to see it disappear as I have come to depend on it.
A VST plugin version would be awesome too.

musicalis

even if there is no developpment for Myorgan since 2006, the product can live many years more because there is an active community. For instance read http://leblogdemusicreprints.blogspirit.com/ if you can understand French.
I am not ready to give up with myorgan, at the contrary, I am writting a software to create easily a lot of ODF.

musicalis

about the software

The software is in progress.
I have changed my former program langague (16 bits) for a 32 bits language.
English translation has started, and programming is going on.

musicalis

Hi Judy

how can you have downloaded the software and run it, it is not completed and I have not put it online. And, without the user's manual (not written yet) it will be quite imposible to use it. May be you have downloaded an old version in my temp folder ? :confused:

Last edited:

ggoode.sa

Hi Spotty and all,

The Source for MyOrgan is located at https://sourceforge.net/projects/myorgan. There was a little development at the end of last year with some discussion of getting MyOrgan to compile in Linux, but nothing has materialized yet. Why don't we all visit the 'Tracker' section of the sourceforge repository and ask Kirk for VST? And tell him what a wonderful program this is :)

GrahamG
Johannesburg

greatcyber

Hi Jean-Paul,

I am anxiously awaiting the completion of your software. I can't wait to take it for a test drive.

Stephen