Wake up, sleepy head

marval

Hi CT

Interesting article, I used to work with a friend and he would often have a nap, during his lunch time. He reckoned it was good for him. And lets face it lots of Europeans have siestas. After all only "mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun."

I think at the moment I am an owl, but when I get a job (says me hopefully) I will have to become a Lark.

Margaret

greatcyber

I am an owl since retirement but find that I can take a nap almost any time. Sometimes the "nap" turns into a marathon sleep session. So, we have adapted to that and don't have our evening meal until around 9pm.

However, when we travel overseas, I am definitely a lark, wanting to take advantage of experiencing the most of where we are visiting. The first day after a 12 hour flight or so, I know that you should try to stay awake and adapt, but most of the time we will arrive early morning and wind up taking a nap between 5-8pm and then be out at night after dinner until the wee hours. The next day seems to find us ready to go, due to the excitement of being somewhere new.

methodistgirl

During the spring through fall months I'm a night owl and lark. But when
winter sets in I turn into a chicken because of boredom.

greatcyber

Winter Chicken...

http://greatcyber.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!4C45AB2FD9DF6572!1186/
cns%214C45AB2FD9DF6572%211186
During the winter is when I like to travel overseas. That takes care of the boredom. It's off-season where we travel to (Europe) translating to lower prices, way less tourists and a refreshing change of pace. I have found web sites where we have gotten as much as 80% off of what the normal rates are. One great example is airfare from Ft Lauderdale to Zurich, then to Athens for a night in a fabulous hotel overlooking the Acropolis. Then a seven night cruise on the Med to Santorini, Mykonnos, Rhodes, Cypress (replacement for Jerusalem that the cruise line felt wasn't safe to go to, darn), Cairo, Istanbul, Ephesus and back to the hotel for a final night in Athens. All meals but a couple of lunches were included. Total cost: $1300 USD pp. Three continents, Europe, Africa and Asia! One of the best trips we ever took. Can't wait to go back to the Med.

Stephen
cns%214C45AB2FD9DF6572%211186

Last edited:

marval

Hi Stephen

You are well travelled

There are some lovely photos there, thank you for sharing.

Your pets are adorable.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Usually I have been an *early to bed, early to rise* type of guy, then I stumbled onto this very addictive forum called MIMF and...well, you see what has happened :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

greatcyber

Thanks

Hi Stephen

You are well travelled

There are some lovely photos there, thank you for sharing.

Your pets are adorable.

Margaret

Thanks Margaret,

We love our pets and they are all rescued animals. I have even more pics to put on our site, but they were taken before we got digital cameras so I need to scan them. But we have some great photos of Greece, Egypt, France, Monaco and some others. Have also been on about 12 cruises...kind of funny for a guy who is afraid of the water, huh? But once you start, it's hard to stop.

Stephen

marval

Well CD, as we have all found out, MIMF is our clock.

Stephen, a lot of cruises, but a wonderful way to see other countries.

Margaret

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Usually I have been an *early to bed, early to rise* type of guy, then I stumbled onto this very addictive forum called MIMF and...well, you see what has happened :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well CD, as we have all found out, MIMF is our clock . . . Margaret

Right on, my fellow brother and sister MIMF'ers.

Some days I'm a Lark, others an Owl ... in retirement I figure being both is ok. :rolleyes:

marval

Hi Krummhorn

I reckon in retirement you can be whatever you want to be. Time is your own and so it should be.

Margaret

greatcyber

Retirement is perhaps the best thing that can happen in life. To me, it has been more of a "rebirth" than an end to anything.

Stephen