PDA

View Full Version : A Great Photo.......

Corno Dolce
Jun-21-2008, 12:11
I saw this and said *WOW*!!!!!!!

http://www.panoramio.com/photos/original/57823.jpg

marval
Jun-21-2008, 12:35
Yes CD, I see what you mean.

That is quite something.

Margaret

Krummhorn
Jun-21-2008, 16:02
I agree with "WOW" ...
That scene is so inviting - some photogs do that for me ...
Just set it as my desktop image ... a much bigger "wow" on my 19" flat panel LCD screen.

Mat
Jun-21-2008, 16:51
Thanks for sharing, CD. And WOW, indeed.
Kh, I just set it , too. I've got 17" flat panel LCD screen but it is still breathtaking;););)

musicalis
Jun-21-2008, 17:59
Reaaly a very nice picture.
I think I'll probably paint it in acrylic.

Corno Dolce
Jun-21-2008, 18:13
Yes, it has a *take your breath away* kind of quality. I just stumbled upon it whilst doing some casual *surfing on the worldwide reticular*. Kudos to whoever took the shot. J.P. I'm sure that your interpretation of it on canvas will be quite captivating.

methodistgirl
Jun-21-2008, 19:28
That is a lovely picture. It reminds me of home. I have this one I ran
across. I had a good cry when I saw it. I've just got to share it.
Jesus holding the earth crying. I still cry when I see it.
judy tooley

Corno Dolce
Jun-22-2008, 06:19
My favorite town on the Baltic Island of Gotland - Yes, the Police station there is affectionately called *Gotland Yard*:

http://www.harrietcederqvist.se/Visby.htm

marval
Jun-22-2008, 11:41
LOL at Gotland Yard, very funny.

But it is a very beautiful place, some stunning photos there.

Thank you for sharing CD.

Margaret

Corno Dolce
Jun-22-2008, 19:10
Hi Ms. Margaret,

Gotland, with its 3145.45 square kilometer area has 92 churches dating from the 9th-13th century. It is also known as *kalkstenshawaii* - loosely transliterated as calcium stone hawaii, since the climate there is more moderate than the Swedish mainland - A good summer on Gotland can be like in the Mediterranean.

Cheers,

CD :):):):)

Contratrombone64
Jun-23-2008, 00:29
Sweet Corn -the blasted thing wouldn't load, can you email it to me please?

marval
Jun-23-2008, 00:34
Gotland, one place I would love to visit.

Margaret

Hawk Henries
Jun-23-2008, 15:51
Yes this is a great photo!!! Does anyone notice the face in the mountain? Look to the left of the steeple at the mountain peak just before the dip on the ridge. It is lit by the sun...kind of looks like an older womans face.

methodistgirl
Jun-23-2008, 18:05
Of all of the pictures I have on my computer, this one is still my all time
favorite.
judy tooley

greatcyber
Jul-01-2008, 20:48
CD,
They are both fantastic pictures. The splendor is magnificent.

methodistgirl
Jul-01-2008, 23:04
This is a beautiful picture of a water fall into a cenote.
judy tooley

marval
Jul-01-2008, 23:24
That is a wonderful waterfall Judy, thank you for sharing it with us.

Margaret

Contratrombone64
Jul-03-2008, 08:23
That certainly IS a wonderful waterfall, though no amount of money nor padded barrels would see me over its edge ...

marval
Jul-03-2008, 16:42
Ah! So it was a waterfall who said you've got me over a barrel was it.

Margaret

methodistgirl
Jul-03-2008, 18:57
I don't blame you. There are some where you can walk down into it safely
but I wouldn't dare. There is a park in Cave-in-Rock where I could visit
where one of these sink holes happened. They look like caves and you
can go inside one like a cave. No having to go down a hole to see what
it looked like. I had to walk around and find the cave opening and some
of them in Mexico have walk in caves where you can go into a cenote
without going down.
judy tooley

greatcyber
Jul-04-2008, 19:03
Judy,
I saw a program on the Travel Channel where someone who lived in Mexico had one of those on his property. He used it as a natural swimming pool. The water stayed at a warm temperature (in the 70sF) year round. It was beautiful.

Stephen

uno_musicjunkie
Nov-16-2009, 16:31
Hi Corno. the picture you posted tells a lot of stories for me. Makes me think of how it feels to live in front of a church. and when you loog around, almost everything is green! People there live in a flat land at the foot of a mountain range, but do you thinks they climb up the mountains when they're bored? Or when they need a magical fruit to heal a disease? Or probably pay tribute to some gods. I can only come up with a thousand questions here. But as per the photo, it's really beautiful. Calm, yet unusual.

- Ryan
Read insightful and entertaining articles plus free music reviews for music fans, by music fans. Visit the site for all music junkies.

dll927
Nov-16-2009, 17:57
Unfortunately, I can't get the second and third photos to expand into wallpapers. That always frosts me when a picture remains postage stamp size. Why do people post such things?

That first picture, judging from the roofs, must be someplace where it snows. WHERE is it?

Not too long ago, I read someplace that some landowners in Arizona suddenly discovered that their place had a vast cave underneath. I guess they are still in the process of exploring to see what all is there.

Luminosity
Nov-21-2009, 17:13
That waterfall picture is beautiful Judy. Where is it taken?

methodistgirl
Nov-22-2009, 04:40
This picture came from Mexico. But I got it on the net myself.
judy tooley

dpurq
Dec-06-2009, 02:44
I found this arresting picture elsewhere some time ago, and couldn't refrain from saving it, despite the feeling it had been manipulated at least a little - as so many photographs and even videos are today.

But no matter.

I know the territory where it was taken so appreciate its historic and photogenic merit, augmented for me by otherwise limited exposure to like treasures. The preservation of such a heritage photographically adds significzntly - considering how Canada and indeed much of the globe is being despoiled by "progressive" developers ploughing under remnants of past glories and Nature's beauties for short term economc gain.

Who would have the audacity and bad taste to build a high-rise condo overlooking such a view? It could happen here, where our lakeshores are being denuded of their natural beauty and lined progressively by ugly monster homes or condos. But then, I suppose the people who buy such properties wouldn't appreciate such an outlook - a saving grace, perhaps.

Do I sound too sour?

Dpurq

dpurq
Dec-06-2009, 02:48
I found this arresting picture elsewhere some time ago, and couldn't refrain from saving it, despite the feeling it had been manipulated at least a little - as so many photographs and even videos are today.

But no matter.

I know the territory where it was taken so appreciate its historic and photogenic merit, augmented for me by otherwise limited exposure to like treasures. The preservation of such a heritage photographically adds significzntly - considering how Canada and indeed much of the globe is being despoiled by "progressive" developers ploughing under remnants of past glories and Nature's beauties for short term economc gain.

Who would have the audacity and bad taste to build a high-rise condo overlooking such a view? It could happen here, where our lakeshores are being denuded of their natural beauty and lined progressively by ugly monster homes or condos. But then, I suppose the people who buy such properties wouldn't appreciate such an outlook - a saving grace, perhaps.

Do I sound too sour?

Dpurq

dpurq
Dec-06-2009, 02:54

But no matter.

Do I sound too sour?

Dpurq
I tried to comment on the Goytland picture but my reply turned up as a response to the Mexican one!
D

methodistgirl
Dec-10-2009, 12:59
I have a new picture of my church and it's profile. I hope this is the
right one.
judy tooley

marval
Dec-10-2009, 20:43
That is quite an impressive building Judy, thank you for sharing it with us.

Margaret

methodistgirl
Dec-15-2009, 15:52
Since John Watt likes to show his special guitar. Here's a picture
of one I wished I had. Problem is I don't have the $3,000 they are
asking for. I guess I will stick with my Fender Natural flat top one.
judy tooley

Alechandro
Aug-12-2010, 02:55
Woah, I want to go there!

porcelain
Nov-30-2010, 15:18
so magnificent contrasts!

methodistgirl
Dec-03-2010, 00:15
I have a picture of our new courthouse when they finish it.
This is how it will look.
judy tooley

marval
Dec-03-2010, 00:27
Wow, that looks a very impressive building Judy.

Margaret

teddy
Dec-03-2010, 14:18
Is that were you got married Judy or was it in your church.

teddy

methodistgirl
Dec-04-2010, 00:38
I wished! This building isn't built yet. But I call it the church's
and courthouse we have now's baby. It's going to be a new
courthouse that looks like the old church. The guys are working
hard to get this one done. The skeleton frame is up and I
guess the rest is in the future. I just wonder what it will look
inside by next year when it's done.
judy tooley

teddy
Mar-09-2011, 10:54
John, love your posts BUT YOU HAVE TO STOP TAKING THOSE TABLETS.

:nut::shake::alc:

teddy

Alban Berg
Mar-09-2011, 21:02
http://www.moscow-taxi.com/images/churches/st.basils-cathedral-7.jpg

I was born there in another life...
Martin

5do6zica
Apr-24-2011, 21:36
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/231/dsc02954e.jpg

teddy
Apr-25-2011, 22:50