New Artist - Claire Moss - Please listen!

winkin

Before I launch into who I am, let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to read this post. I really appreciate it!

My name's Claire Moss, and I'm an Alternative Rock artist from Southern California. I studied opera and cabaret for many years, and am still a big fan of classical music, but the music I write is considered alt-rock. Here's what some of the critics have recently said about me:

"If Debbie Harry shot up some Botox, went on a diet, worked out for six months and stepped back in a time machine, she might be singing a muscular pop rocker like 'Time'," writes Philip E. Hardy at Besonic.com.

“Vocally, we had to hit rewind and play it through again just to believe such a strong, assertive tone comes from such a young (just turned 20 years old) and aspiring woman,” writes Jason Schleweis of crushmusicmag.com.

Gary Schwind of antimusic.com writes, “The fact that she writes her own songs places her far beyond any of the agglomeration of pop stars. These aren’t manufactured songs. These are songs that convey the love, anger, and disappointment that we all feel.”

If you're curious now, please download my song "Time" for free at Claire at Download.com or check out all songs from my EP at iTunes or my site Claire Moss

Thanks! I really appreciate your time!
Claire
angel.gif

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
If possible, yes, please do write a more indepth reply. - And it's a SHE not a HE.

James McFadyen

Not a bad song Claire - very good indeed.

The only negatative thing I would say is it's a little dated, as I'm sure you know in the rock industry is a bit of a bummer. lol......also, not sure the EQ on the guitars allows them to sit in the mix all them time without getting in the way. lol.

It's the sort of song I would hear at the end of a movie.

Keep up the good work. Good luck
smile.gif

jason

Claire,

I do find it a little refreshing (as an oldschool metalhead) to hear some aggressive guitar behind your vocals. Too much music now is too agressive, or simply pretend-aggressive, and I'm tired of hearing young men sing softly (and out of tune) for 20 seconds, then scream for 60 seconds, it's all starting to sound the same, and it makes my ears bleed (Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc). I appreciate your sound. To be honest, it's not something I'm going to run out and get, but if it's what you like to create, stick with it, and you'll reach a large enough niche market to eat with a roof over your head to keep doing it.

Good luck!