Hello!

winkin

First, let me introduce myself: My name is Claire Moss, and I'm an alt-rock singer-songwriter. Next, let me say that I'm really enjoying looking through this site, and am especially impressed with the quality of the postings! Music is so much more than one style or genre.

I'm classically trained in violin and voice. I've studied piano, but when I hear people like Magel, I want to close the cover and crawl away...I also play guitar and bass, and have tried flute. It sounded fffffunnyyy.

Why did I go into alternative rock music? I listened to everything I could get my hands on, and played and sang all sorts of classical music. But you know what really moved me: when I was a passenger in my parents van on long trips, and they were listening to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and early Radiohead. So music in that genre is what I feel best expresses my lyrics. Interestingly, I've worked with a very famous producer, who took one of my songs and made it sound like The Bangles. Not for me. No one will ever hear that one! But I bet there would be a whole group of people who would like it, and hate what I'm doing now.

So, what I've found is that the best music is the music that moves you. I responded to a post from someone in the forums here asking about songs that move people. My immediate answer: Franz Biebl's arrangement of Ave Maria. It still gets me every time. Will it get you? Maybe, maybe not. The point - and I do have one - is that if it gets you, it's good, no matter what other people say.

Thanks for having such a cool board.

Claire
angel.gif

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Claire,

Welcome to MIMF. It's interesting to read about you.
Hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

cheers444.gif

Thomas

Trebbien

Commodore of Choirs, Charm and Codes
Welcome winkin/ Claire!
smile.gif

Nice to hear your oppinion about what kind of music that moves you - and why...
Hope you'll stay at MIMF, and enjoy the forums!

cool.gif
Trebbien

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome Claire!
smile.gif

It's great to have you aboard. Looking very much forward to see you around. It seems you have a lot to contribute with here, that's excellent
smile.gif

Cheers
cheers444.gif