Hello, from Mexico to all you.

argentik

Hello, friends in music!

I'm photographer, university teacher and I'm searching continously for new music in the web, in the radio, in the streets and in some friends' houses. Recently, I had encountered the atonal way to composing music, and I became infected by this kind of sound. I'm not a musician, and I don't have enough knowledge about technics and composition languaje, but I'm an enthusiast (an amateur, literally) for the newest music. I'll contribute to your community from the sense of this music makes on me, and I'll try to be constant. I usually listened to Philip Glass, Arvo Pärt, Michael Nyman and others. Let me listen to Frederik Magle and I begin to write about his music.

I have some friends who make and play progressive metal, and they're sometimes interested about some musical structures in Glass or Nyman compositions, then this phenomenon is pretty interesting for me.

Could you tell me if you know something similar?
What genres of music you met in some relation with this (or any else) How about minimalism?

A salute from Mexico City,

Argentik.

methodistgirl

Welcome to the forum. I was just reading up on Mexico via you tube.
Mexico seems to be an amazing little nation. I've been reading up on
the Natives that used to be there. Even though I play the guitar I
love to listen to Native American flute and relax. Just take off your shoes
and sit a spell and relax.
judy tooley

greatcyber

Argentik,

Let me be the first (okay, the second) to welcome you to MIMF! Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the music you reference, but rest assured, will research it. However, I am confident that someone on the forum will provide some info for you.

Stephen

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Welcome aboard Argentik - Please do make yourself feel right at home and stay for a spell.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce :):):)

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
Welcome to you Argentik :tiphat:

Like Stephen said above, don´t you worry. On this musical site the MIMF, there are so many talented musicians and composers, so rest asure, some of the lads and gals here will definately reach out to you, and come up with the precise advice for you.

I am not either a musician nor educated in music, my very best attempt has been to become the best Danish air-drummer. Basicly, I am just a jazz freak.

While you´re here: Have Fun! ;)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:wave: Hi Argentik,

Welcome to MIMF. Glad to have you aboard.

I'm certain you will find the answers to your questions in this forum community. We have a plethora of music discussions ongoing most all the time.

marval

Hello Argentik

Welcome, good to have you here

Do have a look around and join in.

Margaret