any scientists in here?

Damien

I am a physicist-climatologist-geologist-teacher, just curious if there are any in here?

i understand that most musicians could (and in my opinion ought to be) be classed as scientists and mathematicians of the most practical kind

methodistgirl

I happen to be an amateur backyard astronomer once in a while and
you almost have to be a chemist to bake a cake or cookies. I cook
like a mad scientist sometimes experimenting with foods.
judy tooley

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Dvelopment of methanation catalysts. Nickel/aluminum oxide catalysts usable for the exothermic conversion of carbon monoxide and hydrogen to methane and water as an integral part of a chemical heat pump project. Well, you asked.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Art Rock,

Could that chemical heat pump be used for heating multi-unit/multi-story housing? I would guesstimate large mechanical facilities for to provide usable quantities of energy at reasonable prices to large housing buildings and their tenants.

Just curious...

Cheers,

CD :up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
it was actually meant to transport energy from a remote location (carrying out the endothermic reverse reaction there with energy supplied by a nuclear plant) to a city, where the exothermic methanation reaction would release the heat, for instance to be used in city heating or for electricity generation. It never got into a practical application though.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Art Rock,

Thanx for sharing. The idea sounds interesting - I had wondered about the energy input and the first thought to my mind was nuclear. Do you teach now or are you employed by private or public enterprise?

Cheers,

CD :):):)

Art Rock

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
I work as department manager responsible for research and development for a large multinational, which shell remain unnamed. ;)

Eric Solaski

I am a physicist-climatologist-geologist-teacher, just curious if there are any in here?

i understand that most musicians could (and in my opinion ought to be) be classed as scientists and mathematicians of the most practical kind

Well, I am just functionally addicted to science and bad weather. My dog hates when the dew point is unpredictable: Lucy hates having her paws step into spiky morning dew. So she is well paper trained. Such a perfect wife. lol

ERIC SOLASKI
:grin: