• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

My first You Tube

musicalis

Hi

I have made today my first You tube. not very easy.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-3xnCn7yso[/youtube]

But I do not see the video, only the text.
Do you see and hear something ?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi J-Paul,

Nicely done for your first try at a video. The "address" is correct, and I've edited your post above to incorporate the video into the posting here.

What I saw was your opening text, then the "avatar" you use here. About two measures into the music, the score appeared.

Three measures before each page turn the screen switched back to the "avatar" for one measure, then the next page of the score where the played notes had not yet caught up to the notes being displayed.

Not being critical - this represents lots of, no doubt frustrating, work on your part to produce something like this. I thought the music quality overall was quite good.

musicalis

thanks Krummhorn

i can see what you have changed, but not the pictures, only a box with "ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed. "

In fact I cannot see any you tube with Internet explorer, but I can do it with Firefox. I do not know why. Latest flash and java are installed.

Am I allowed to put the code myself ? can you explain me please ?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
thanks Krummhorn

i can see what you have changed, but not the pictures, only a box with "ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed. "

In fact I cannot see any you tube with Internet explorer, but I can do it with Firefox. I do not know why. Latest flash and java are installed.

This is precisely why I totally abandoned IE about a year ago - I use Firefox exclusively ... it has three time the security that IE will ever have yet it isn't anywhere near so insanely picky.

Re-checking later this afternoon, the above YT still works ... don't think YT is offline - gotta be the browser settings.

musicalis said:
Am I allowed to put the code myself ? can you explain me please ?

Yes you can ... see this item] for how to insert YT into a posting.

I have the same thing and problem.
judy tooley

Hi Judy,
Give Firefox a try - it's a free download as are all the updates. You may find it will run faster than IE - here at home, Firefox loads at least twice as fast as IE ever did.

musicalis

Here is a new You tube with the score scrolling.
I hope you will like it.
Does someone of you knows how to get a better sound with You tube ? The sound of the video inside my computer is very correct, in the you tube it is not.
[youtube]IYPyJqs3lf0[/youtube]

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi J.P.

I find it a strange occurence - maybe Master Krummhorn will have an excellent idea about that phenomenon. I like the new vid as I like everything you so generously share with your colleagues on MIMF.

Cheers,

CD :):):)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi J-Paul,

From what I know of YouTube (which is very little) their audio generator is "monaural", where (for the benefit of others who do not understand what that is) all the stereo channels are combined into one, removing all the "excitement" of the original recorded sound, creating a dull sound void of clarity and tonal richness.

The new "scrolling" in the YT is interesting ... Throws me a little as I've gotten so used to reading almost a measure ahead of what I'm playing.

musicalis

Dear Krummhorn !
I answer you two questions

1)
I have discovered on an organ web site, a way to get a very good sound and a very hight video quality with You Tube. You only have to add &fmt=18 at the end of the video URL. Then you refresh (reload) the page.
Exemple :
Try http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=IYPyJqs3lf0 which is not very good,
then
try http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=IYPyJqs3lf0&fmt=18 and see the difference.

2)
About the method I use to make these video with the score scrolling, I have made a tutorial. The text is in French, but it is very short and easy to translate. There are a lot of pictures (screenshot).
I have made the video with Harmony-Assistant but you can do the same with Noteworthy , finale or Sibelius I think.
The tutorial is : http://myriad-online.com/images/forum/DIDACTICIEL_POUR_FILMER_SA_MUSIQUE.pdf

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
J-Paul,

Wow, what a huge difference in audio quality with that small extension to the URL. That was a super find.

Btw, you might want to edit the English title of the processional ... should be "wedding" instead of "weeding". In English, weeding is something we do in the garden :grin:

Moller11739

If you have a youtube account, you can set the video playback for high quality which will make some videos, depending on their initial "specs," automatically show a better resolution and have better sound. I find that even those that do not automatically show a higher resolution can be viewed at a better rate by using the method Jean-Paul posted. You can also use "&fmt=6" which is in between the normal and high settings, but the sound is still mono. "&fmt=18" increases the resolution to 480x360, H.264 video @ 512Kbps; audio @ 44.1KHz 128Kbps Stereo. I make sure that I note this on all of my videos so others will know.

raymondo30837

Magnificant, Jean-Paul. I have been away for the past two weeks following the TDF. Yet again you have produced some super compositions, a credit to you and a delight for lover's of organ music. Kindest regards Raymond.

ps. Sadly, I have decided that digital organ music is too complex for me. My Organ. ect. However, your compositions are a delight.:):):):)

musicalis

Toccata in G minor

hello

here is my latest video, an organ toccata in G minor.

[youtube]xCtTf06XvNg[/youtube]

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi J.P.

You have such a wonderful gift for composing music and you wisely cherish, develop, and nurture that gift - BRAVO!!!

You're gifts are a wonderful addition to the MIMF community and best of all you share them so generously. May you and yours be blessed.

Best regards,

CD :):):)