• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Jazz/Pop Pianist Needs Help With Roland Synth

Robmopsick

Hello! My name is Rob. I am a jazz/pop pianist from Hoboken, NJ. I have a Roland Fantom X7 synthesizer. I need help in programing the sequencer. Is there any body out there with this expertise?

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Welcome to MIMF, Rob.

Great to have you become a forum member - Hopefully someone will chime in with the help advice you are seeking.

Soubasse

Hello! My name is Rob. I am a jazz/pop pianist from Hoboken, NJ. I have a Roland Fantom X7 synthesizer. I need help in programing the sequencer. Is there any body out there with this expertise?

Hello Rob and welcome aboard.

Whilst I haven't had direct experience with the Fantom sequencer for a while, I've had much experience with plenty of hardware and software sequencers over the years so I'm happy to impart what I know. What is it exactly that you're trying to do that isn't satisfactorily explained in the manual? (and I know they can be painful to wade through).

Matt

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha Rob,

Welcome to the Starship MIMF where everyone is a star - Please do make yourself feel right at home and stay for a spell.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce :):):)

greatcyber

Hi Rob...

...and welcome. There are a wealth of midi sites out there that can help with your programming challenge. I can't access my computer right now (I am on a borrowed one) since my laptop bit the big one last week and I haven't been able to use it. I have a whole slew of bookmarks for midi programming that could help you out if only I could get to them. But if you google program midi keyboards that would be a good start. I think one of the sites (not sure) is midiworld.com.

If I am able to get my computer working again I will return to this thread and post some locations for you.