Mats Öljare enters...

matsoljare

I'm a 26 year old struggling composer, keyboard player and occasionally other instruments, living in Eskilstuna, Sweden. As someone here might know i used to release various forms of work online long ago, but i haven't really been active in the last four years due to a terrible nervous breakdown and some other personal problems. But now i'm feeling ready to resume working, to some degree.

Either way, my main interests have always been in modern jazz, avant garde classical and the traditional musics of Europe and the Middle East, but i remain open to all other forums of music. Only Metal, Dance music and all forms of Rock are things i absolutely can't stand :rolleyes:

By the way, can someone explain what exactly is the connection between Magle International Music Forums and Classical Music Forums? They seem much alike, but they appear to be two separately run forums still, so what's the deal?

marval

Hello mats Oljare

Welcome to the forum, as was mentioned on the Classical Music Forum. The Classical Music Forum is where all Classical Music is dicussed. Magle International Music Forum is a place where we discuss all subjects, including all sorts of music, the weather and any other subject someone would like to talk about.

So have a look around and do join in.

Margaret

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hi there Mats Öljare:wave:,

Welcome to the Magle International Music Forums. If you want to discuss any music related subject this is a place for you. I see that jazz ia also your passion. That's great. We have a Jazz subforum here. Feel free to join in.

Best regards,
Mat:tiphat:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hello Mats,

Welcome aboard - Please do make yourself feel right at home and discover the plethora of info this site holds.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce :):):)

rojo

(Ret)
Hi Mats :)

We're happy to have you here with us, and glad you're getting back on track.

Only Metal, Dance music and all forms of Rock are things i absolutely can't stand :rolleyes:
It's funny; it seems most peeps have a genre or two that they find objectionable (except me perhaps. :grin:) I think most often it's Country, Opera or Rap. What exactly turns you off about Metal, Dance and Rock music as opposed to other genres? Just curious.

greatcyber

Hi Mats,
Welcome to MIMF, a place to share with all of us with common bonds. Hope you join in and enjoy yourself.

player_smilie.gif
Stephen

intet_at_tabe

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret.)
I'm a 26 year old struggling composer, keyboard player and occasionally other instruments, living in Eskilstuna, Sweden. As someone here might know i used to release various forms of work online long ago, but i haven't really been active in the last four years due to a terrible nervous breakdown and some other personal problems. But now i'm feeling ready to resume working, to some degree.

Either way, my main interests have always been in modern jazz, avant garde classical and the traditional musics of Europe and the Middle East, but i remain open to all other forums of music. Only Metal, Dance music and all forms of Rock are things i absolutely can't stand :rolleyes:

By the way, can someone explain what exactly is the connection between Magle International Music Forums and Classical Music Forums? They seem much alike, but they appear to be two separately run forums still, so what's the deal?

Hi mats

Welcome at the MIMF. Since you´re in to modern jazz, we will expect to communicate with you on jazz in generel at the Jazz forum.

I´ve just had the luck to participate in the Copenhagen Jaa Festival earlier in July. AWESOME experience.

But of course you´ll be welcomed at any forum in any thread, while visiting the MIMF.

So have fun - tjenare.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Hi Mats, welcome!!

Not a fan of jazz myself, relies too heavily on untalented musicians improvising convincingly with disasterous results, true jazz greats are few and far between.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR

Hi Mats :wave:

Firstly, welcome to MIMF - It's great to have you become a member here.

As a Regulator/Moderator for both forums you mention, I offer this as a response to your question:

Talk Classical was in existence for quite a while before Frederik Magle became its owner in February, 2006. Talk Classical Music Forum is mostly all about just that - Classical Music - there is only one non classical forum area within that site.

Magle International Music Forums, created and owned by Frederik Magle from its beginnings, has a plethora of discussion boards within the forum community, covering just about every aspect of musical forms. MIMF also has a Gallery area as well as its own internal Wiki, and a Danish only forum area.

Both forum communities have been in existence separately for several years, and Frederik decided, after buying Talk Classical, that they should remain separate by their own rite.

We do have members who regularly participate in both forum communities, and as you have already figured out, each forum is quite unique in its own special way.

We hope that you will have an enjoyable time here. Looking forward to seeing you about the boards here and at TC.

matsoljare

It's funny; it seems most peeps have a genre or two that they find objectionable (except me perhaps. :grin:) I think most often it's Country, Opera or Rap. What exactly turns you off about Metal, Dance and Rock music as opposed to other genres? Just curious.

Well, that statement is a bit of a jest, but the reason i say it is because it's quite depressing to me, even irritating, to see how almost everyone around my age or younger have a strong interest in one or all of these genres, and especially when those who claim to be into classical or jazz actually only have a passing interest in it, their main interest being popular music.

I can only see myself as being part of an extreme minority who actually considers classical and jazz music to be my main activity and interest, although i do enjoy some artists within all kinds of popular music, i want to make clear that it's not my main interest. It seems that many people today are unable to enjoy any kind of music that doesn't "have a beat to it", or that "doesn't rock", which is what i want to take a stand against.

Either way, for those who are interested in hearing what i've made besides what's on my Myspace page, here's a string quartet i finished in 1998. There's actually a rather well known theme hidden in there, can anyone spot it? :rolleyes:

http://www.angelfire.com/mo/oljare/images/forward1.mid
http://www.angelfire.com/mo/oljare/images/forward2.mid

Note, they only work if you copy and paste the URL.

Last edited: