Mizar, looking for Alcor

Mizar

Hi, yes im a newbie to this site oldie to classical. Im hoping i can get information here on music in general and playing help with reading music or any other problems i should encounter in my musical studies, ( fear not im an advanced player but just incase)

You will learn quickly im a bad typist and cant spell...

My favorite composer is Respighi.

now i bet your wondering what the heck is my post title mean.For starters im an astronomer. Mizar is a star in the constelation Ursa Major or commonly known as the big dipper. Mizar is a binary star meaning that it has a companion star that orbits it. THe name of the star that orbits Mizar is Alcor. When viewd through binoculars or a telescope they appear to be a coupple or doubble star. So I am looking for my compainion forum and i cant find one i like so hence my title.

your triva for the day

Mizar-

edit : hmm i dont get a forum name instead is supplys my real name odd any way my forum name should have been Mizar

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Mizar/Michael,

Welcome aboard.
Firstly, you can change your "displayname" in "my home"->"edit profile" (at the bottom of the "my home" screen).
Looking forward to see you 'round the forums here and participating in the ongoing discussions.
If you have any questions feel free to ask, this is a free forum in that it encompasses a wide variety of topics of discussion - so feel free to state your opinion on whatever you'd like. We naturally have certain guidelines of conduct in here, but as long as a dicussion is not considered "spam" or including foul language you should be fairly certain that any post you make will stay.

Once again, welcome aboard.
cheers444.gif

Kind regards,
Thomas/corno
smile.gif

Regulator/moderator