PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Boss ME 50

SwamP_LorD
Aug-15-2008, 14:16
Hey, 'supp mates?

Well I bought my Boss ME 50 a few months ago and faced a huge problem while using it live twice..

The thing is..Whenever I connect the unit to my guitar then an amp and finally to the mixer/direct speakers the tone is a'right..

But whenever I connect it directly to the mixer, the sound becomes too fuzzy and buzzes are also there..No depth, sustain, a total mess..Last night I went to a gig where they did not have any amp for the guitars..Had to plug in the ME 50 directly to the mixer and the sound just got clumsy http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

Same thing happened in another gig few weeks ago..

Well my other guitarist uses line 6 Pod 2.0..He does not face this kinda problem whether there is an amp or not..

Is there any one who might help?..

A well one thing, I forgot to mention..I use the mono output jack to send the sound from ME 50..I noticed line out and right amp jacks too..But never tried them..May be I am using the wrong output jack..I donno..

Help me guys..

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

marval
Aug-15-2008, 15:46
Hello,

Welcome to the forum, I can't help I'm afraid. But do stay around, I am sure someone will have an answer.

Margaret

SwamP_LorD
Aug-15-2008, 16:20
ya..sure..looking forward to it..

Krummhorn
Aug-15-2008, 16:55
Hi SwamP_LorD,

Welcome to MIMF. While I have no expertise on your query, we may have members who will be able to offer advice on the issue. Sometimes it takes a few days.

In the meantime though, take a look around this great forum. There is a plethora of ongoing music discussions taking place all the time. It's a great forum community and filled with lots of friendly people.

markurwin
Jan-08-2009, 09:41
Okay dokay, the me 50 bypasses the effects in moo mode also you wont get stereo panning etc, if you use a power amt use the line out .This really is one hell of a pedal,if you need the manual let me know
My Stuff boss me 50 /line 6 pod2/M audio black box/roland GR 20/ couple of crate GLX65s..n a loada other studio crap i bought coz i was sick of buying stuff for the wife

Daily User
Sep-26-2009, 13:43
It is not a problem you can solve unless you own a better guitar processor. I would recommend you to own a newer model that is capable of handling the preamp stuff automatically and has different types of cabinet section in itself (Vox Tonelab SE and Line 6 POD X3, or a Behringer V-AMP 2 would still do okay if you find them pricy). That model you have can't do better when used with a mixer directly.