I'm Back (on a borrowed pc)

greatcyber

Hi Guys,

Well, it's been a week since I was last here. When I logged on last Friday my laptop took a dive and it has been hell trying to get it back to working order. We finally resorted to restoring it back to the the condition it was in when we purchased it, resulting in a loss of EVERYTHING on it. Our backup program also bit the dust so we couldn't restore it to a more recent date. Luckily, I moved several of the programs to an external drive before we restored it but it still isn't behaving quite right. All we do is scan, scan, scan and are being methodical about getting to the bottom of the problem.

Will try and catch up with reading the new posts over the weekend, as time permits.

Corno, I like your new avatar. If that is your visage, you have a lucky fiance, indeed.

Have missed the interaction this past week. One good thing, my organ bench was delivered (finally) and now I am looking for a tech to come and service the organ.

I bought a foot controller with 2 expression pedals, a motu midi 4 x 6 interface and an emu 24 controller to use in conjunction with Hauptwerk. I'll use the controller as a carillon but really wanted the controls to operate the pistons, etc. in Hauptwerk. Now I will be able to control the swell as well as crescendo with the new foot controller and the emu to connect everything from the organ (once I modify it for midi) to control the software.

I was saddened to hear about the riot in north Montreal last week. Apparently the police had to shoot and kill a young man who happened to be an immigrant. Normally police don't kill people for no reason and a resulting riot is not quite what I would have expected from this area as a response. Then I heard that it was mainly from the Hispanic and Haitian community. I had really hoped that we had left all of that behind in south Florida when we moved here. Alas~I hope the government takes the position of "if you are unahppy here, kindly leave."

On a positive note, I did get a letter from Immigration last week stating that Canada had accepted my application for permanent residency and they directed me to apply to Quebec for final approval. I am supposed to hear something within 30 days. Needless to say, I was QUITE thrilled to have been accepted by Canada.

Hope you all had a good week.:)

marval

Hi Stephen

I wondered where you had got to, welcome back.

Glad Canada has accepted you.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi GC,

The avatar is my Jazz Alter-Ego. Glad you like it because McCoy Tyner rocks!!! :grin::grin::grin:

Cheers,

CD :):):)

rojo

(Ret)
Great that you're back Stephen. :)

Computer probs are so frustrating. :shake:

Glad to hear you've been "approved;" great news!

I think the mini-riot was just a bunch of hooligans; we rarely see such goings-on around here. I guess one will get a bunch of peeps acting like morons pretty much everywhere. :rolleyes:

greatcyber

Yes, Rojo; I realize that was rare. It was the first instance of any kind of turbulence here since I have been in Montreal. I just think if you move to a new country you should want to be there and if you don't like it then you should leave. I really appreciate being here and went through quite a bit to get here. At least it was an isolated incident and didn't last.