• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Freeware to design MyOrgan or Hauptwerk-1 ODF

musicalis

Hello

My software is ready.

With it you can write easily new organs, up to 3 manuals.
There is no user manual yet, but I have written a first tutorial to help you to install and run the software.

demo.gif

The software is at :
http://organ.monespace.net/My_Organ_Builder/My%20Organ%20Builder.zip

The tutorial (part 1) :
http://organ.monespace.net/My_Organ_Builder/tutorial%20MyOrganBuilder%202-6-9%20part%20One.pdf

If you meet a problem (for instance a file is missing) please inform me at once.
I can also reply to your questions if the answer does not need too long explainations.

AlainT

Designing new organs

Hi Jean-Paul

Interresting proposal, indeed! I understand you would not give us "ready to wear" organs that represent hours of work.
BUT! A simple example, just as a fisrt appoach..... would be of great help.

musicalis

virtual organ

I cannot give complete virtuals organs to anybody for the following reasons :

- 1st reason ! The sample-sets I use are not mine. Some come from free donwloaded sample sets, others have been made by myself but from a few pipes sampled or from demo MP3 files that do not belong to me. I can only explain to you, how I have processed so as to you can do the same thing than me.
- 2nd reason. A sample set is very big. I have not the possibility to upload it in a reasonnable time.
- My ODF are free, I can give you as much as you want, but you need to have got the relative sample sets.
My program allows you to write new ODF with the pipes samples you own, mixing if you want stops coming from several (free) instruments.
This program is free, and I have not found time to write an user manual. It will come one day.

In a few days, it will be possible to buy a very good sample set : organ of Pibrac, for only 35 euros. You should buy it. Then with my software (and my help), you will be able to build new organs using the pibrac stops.

Franco57

Thank you. I download the file and will try this evening.
Congratulations on the job. You know how I will go.
By

Merci. J'ai télécharger le fichier et essayez de ce soir.
Félicitations pour le travail. Je vais vous dire comment y aller.
Je suis italien afin que nous puissions écrire en français ou en italien.
Salutations.:eek:

Franco57

Merci, le logiciel fonctionne bien et félicitations à nouveau car il est vraiment magnifique, et vous êtes disponible si j'ai besoin d'éclaircissements sur son fonctionnement. Cette semaine, lire le Guide, et essayer de construire un ODF, alors contact avec vous dans ce forum.
Je suis un inconditionnel des organes et êtes à la recherche d'échantillons WAV.
Je suis également prêt à faire des échantillons de deux organes qui sont dans ma ville, un organe de 1700 et 1960 romantique.
Franco salutations.

Grazie, il Programma funziona bene e complimenti ancora per esso, è veramente bello, e se sei disponibile mi occorrono dei chiarimenti sul suo funzionamento. Questa settimana leggerò la guida del programma, e proverò a costruire un ODF, poi ti contatterò in questo forum.
Sono molto appassionato di organi e sono alla ricerca di campioni wav.
Sono anche intenzionato a fare i campioni di due organi che si trovano nella mia città, un organo del 1700 e un organo del 1960 romantico.
Saluti Franco.

musicalis

Io sono felice che il software L'accomoda. Ci sono degli errori ma loro sono facili correggere nel il ODF con Notepad per appunti.
l'idea è molto buon per registrare gli organi della Sua città, ma è un lavoro lungo.
P.S.
L'organo si dice orgue, in francese

Je suis content que le logiciel vous plaise. Il y a des erreurs mais elles sont facile à corriger dans l'ODF avec Notepad.
très bonne idée d'enregistrer les orgues de votre ville, mais c'est un long travail.

jOrganuser

Hi JP, When I open ORGBUILD288b it gives me this message: This Application may depend on other compressed files in this folder. For the application to run properly, it is recommended that you first extract all files. It gives me three options: Extract All, Run, Cancel.

When I click Extract All it says: Error accessing the system registry. Then I click ok. It then says: Unexpected Error; Quitting

When I click Run it says: This application has failed to start because VB40032.DLL was bit found . Re-installing the application may fix this problem. It then says organ builder is not working. I have downloaded it again and i get the same thing. I have a file called Vb40032.dll (slightly different from VB40032.DLL). I have tried looking at the manual but i have different files.
The files I have are:
-Listes
----Belleville
----Belleville.pipes
----dummy organ.pipes
----orgue Kney.pipes
-PIPES
----dummy
-------053-F.wav
-------dummy
-comctl32.ocx
-comdlg32.ocx
-ORGBUILD.ini
-ORGBUILD288b.exe
-orgue Belleville-05.organ
-tutorial MyOrganBuilder 2-6-9 part One.pdf
-Tutorial MyOrganBuilder part Two (not completed).pdf
-Vb40032.dll

musicalis

Hi jOrganUser

I wrote this software 4 or 5 years ago using the language Visual Basic 4. At this moment my computer was with windows XP. Today I have a new computer with windows 7 and Visual Basic 4 does not work with Seven or Vista, so I cannot edit or run my software. This software (organ builder) cannot work wiith 7 or vista, this may be the reason why you cannot use it. I am really sorry.
Jean-Paul