Judy, hullo???

methodistgirl

I'm right here! I just got back from church and once again had to play
the piano for my preacher. I wonder why Steinways have such a sound.
It's only a baby grand and sounds like a concert grand. Another thing
the keys are stiff. You would expect stiff keys on an old upright.
judy tooley

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha CT64,

She seems comfortable in just dropping in on different threads. Methinks that she is also quite busy with her knitting projects. Good of you to show concern for her - Bravo!

Cheerio,

CD :):):)

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Hey Judy - grand pianos often have stiff feels about 'em compared to uprights, that's been my experience.

Try couple four manuals together on a tracker action organ with all stops out ... sheesh.

Corno Dolce

Aloha CT64,

How must it then feel to couple all those manuals at Sydney Opera House?

Cheerio,

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Sadly, Sweet Corn, I've not been able to play THAT organ. There is a strict security protocol to even get near it (including Sydney Opera House staff present). However, that said, an ex of mine and still marvellously good friend is one of the Opera Houses's Technical Managers, sooooooo, a nice bottle of Merlot and a meal could be a useful tool to access to the monster. I'd LOVE to play it.

Corno Dolce

Yeah, I guess Insurance Companies dictate strict security protocols these days - God forbid that an Al-Qaida terrorist gets near it and starts playing micro-tonal scales.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
It's more about it's location in the building, you'd need to google it and see where it's perched (40 feet above the main stage).

Corno Dolce

Aloha CT64,

I've been to the Sydney Big House and seen the Sharp organ up close and personal. So yes, I understand the need for protocols.

Cheerio,

methodistgirl

I will tell you why the keys on that piano is so stiff. It's not played
enough to loosen up. I used to give the piano the daily run practice
until I was told not to do it anymore. Now they're stiff again. Don't
worry. Christmas is just around the corner.
judy tooley