Hello

BrianLarkin

I just discovered this forum while looking for an old score on line.
I'm an organist with about 50 years of experience....spent most of it playing in large churches/ cathedrals in Washington, DC, New York ending up for a long stretch in Rhode Island.
For many years I was director of St. Dunstan's College Conference on Sacred Music until it folded in 1999.
I find that in "retirement" I'm pretty busy.....still playing as an interim or substitute.

Secretly I'm a "nasty boy" theater organ buff and recently go my mitts on a brand new Allen Quantum Renaissance theater model, now installed in my home.....so I divide my time between Broadway showtunes and endless repertoire since the organ has a "classic" voice palette.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha Brian Larkin,

Welcome aboard! Please do make yourself feel right at home and stay for a spell. Do you own an Allen TO-5Q? If so, that is one of the sweetest digital theatre organs produced. It has definite character, charm, brass, sass, and class - Congrats to you sir!

Cheerio,

Corno Dolce :):):)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hello, BrianLarkin

Welcome to MIMF.
Nice going obtaining that Allen ... great instrument all around - used to service those in Southern California, but not any longer.

Hmmm, gave up playing in church after 50 years, huh? I kinda thought old organists never gave up ... I'm at 48 years on the bench and still as much in love with it since my first days.

Enjoy the forum ... look forward to seeing you around the boards.