• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Footage of Marcel Dupré playing at St-Sulpice!

acc

Here is a video of Marcel Dupré playing his In dulci jubilo in St-Sulpice.

(Not quite as immobile at the console as the teachings of the Lemmens/Widor/Guilmant school would have made us believe.)

sunwaiter

iam frustrated. i can't watch any youtube video, nor any other of any sort at my working place... and i realized that i never entered saint-sulpice... i sat down playing guitar all around the place, i stood watching tourists searching for the reight bus, i went to Luxembourg park but i never been inside this church. sometimes i heard organists practice, or rehearse before concert nights.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
iam frustrated. i can't watch any youtube video, nor any other of any sort at my working place... and i realized that i never entered saint-sulpice... i sat down playing guitar all around the place, i stood watching tourists searching for the reight bus, i went to Luxembourg park but i never been inside this church. sometimes i heard organists practice, or rehearse before concert nights.

If acc had embedded the YouTube movie into his/her/its post ... you might have been able to view it? Not sure.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
KoKo the Clown? Well then, that would be an honor coming from you :grin::grin::grin:

musicalis

Hello Sunwaiter

it is sometime very difficult to watxh a video with Internet Explorer or derived browser. But try with Firefox. It runs veryy well.

Flute'n'Pedal

Sunwaiter, you mustn't think you've totally wasted your time. Playing the guitar and listening to organists practise isn't all that bad. Now's your chance to listen to some real music. If you can't watch the YouTube videos, maybe you can listen to the recordings that are presented in this forum. For example, see the thread "Organ Symphony."

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
iam frustrated. i can't watch any youtube video, nor any other of any sort at my working place...

Hi sunwaiter,

Let's try the video imbedded in a post here:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2b91YZ0c7w&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

Does this come through for you at work, now?

acc

Two more Dupré videos have now appeared on Youtube:

An improvised double fugue over “Regina Cœli”:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_gzOneZqM[/YOUTUBE]

An improvised symphonic poem over the painting “Jacob wrestling with the Angel” by Eugène Delacroix:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oLuSwkshDQ[/YOUTUBE]

It is also clear now where these videos come from, namely a DVD that has just been published by the Association des Amis de l'Art de Marcel Dupré (though there appears nothing yet on their Web site).

Corno Dolce

Aloha acc,

Thank you, thank you, a trillion times thank you for posting those vids and sharing that link. Man, you are great! :):up::clap::tiphat::cheers:

It is a joy to see the great master himself playing the Czarina of all organs.

Again, trillions of thanx to you.

Cheerio,

CD :):):)

acc

Thank you, thank you, a trillion times thank you for posting those vids and sharing that link.

You're welcome! :) But just for the record: I'm not the one who put those videos onto Youtube, so I guess 99.9999999999% of those thanks should really go to “koppelfloete”.

Last edited:

Corno Dolce

Aloha acc,

I did catch that you were not the originator of the YouTube vids. But I thank you again for so kindly sharing them.

Respectfully yours,

CD :):):)

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
KoKo the Clown? Well then, that would be an honor coming from you :grin::grin::grin:

Read the libretto of The Mikado, in particular where Pitti Sing, Ko Ko and Pooh Bah are about to be beheaded:

KO. Well, a nice mess you've got us into, with your nodding
head and the deference due to a man of pedigree!
POOH. Merely corroborative detail, intended to give
artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing
narrative.
PITTI. Corroborative detail indeed! Corroborative
fiddlestick!
KO. And you're just as bad as he is with your cock--
and-a-bull stories about catching his eye and his whistling an
air. But that's so like you! You must put in your oar!

Corno Dolce

Aloha CT64,

Doggone It! There's that G&S again...:grin::grin::grin:

Tbph, I probably feel as cool about G&S as you do about Jazz.

Yes, I'll read the Mikado libretto....

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . It is also clear now where these videos come from, namely a DVD that has just been published by the Association des Amis de l'Art de Marcel Dupré (though there appears nothing yet on their Web site).

Now it says the video has "been removed by the user". Damn!

Apparently the Association des Amis de l'Art de Marcel Dupré had them removed for copyright reasons. Too bad though ... guess we will have to purchase the DVD to see them now :cry::crazy:

Corno Dolce

Oh well, it was nice to have *sampled* them while they were up. Yep, I'll get the DVD - whenever AAMD gets around to putting it up on their website <8-|
Probably have to wait until Doomsday's morning....

Last edited: