Prayers and support for greatcyber

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Stephen's (greatcyber) been away from the forum for a little while. His father died suddenly in Florida and he's not up to being in the community at present. I did say I'd put a post up so those that have chatted might hold him in their prayers/thoughts.

It's painful when a parent dies. My thoughts are with him now...

Contratrombone64

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
My condolences to GC at the repose of his father. Indeed, my prayers go out to him.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Stephen,

My sincerest condolences to you and your family in this time of grief.
† Blessings and Peace †

marval

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

My heartfelt sympathy to you Stephen and your family.
I wish you peace and love at this time.

Margaret

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Dear Stephen,

My thoughts are with you and your family. May your father rest in peace.

methodistgirl

I feel his loss. I lost both of my parents and my husband. Now I'm left
here lonely. My greatest sympathy.
judy tooley

rojo

(Ret)
My deepest condolences, Stephen. Such pain; I can only sympathize with you completely. I remember you mentioning your father earlier; it's obvious that he was very important to you, and that you were very concerned about him.

There is no way to prepare for the shock of losing a parent. My thoughts are with you, and again, my deepest sympathies.

greatcyber

Hello All...

...and thank you for your kind sentiments. Of course, it has not been easy on my family but I guess we knew this day was coming; not that it makes it any easier. My older sister was especially distraught because my dad had asked her if he could come and live with her as his common-law wife of 24 years was no longer treating him well. In fact, she was abusing him.

So my sister rescued him and then rented a house so they could be together. After a couple of months, he fell in the kitchen and broke a hip. That normally spells the end for an older and unwell person. However, he went into a rehab hospital and did recover. Then the rented house didn't work for them any more due to it not being handicapped accessible, so my sis bought a house for the two of them. My dad was in a nursing home waiting for the new house so he could go home. It was the day that my sister was at the closing that my father died. I hope he just went to sleep, I really don't know. All I know is that he was put on hospice 24 hours before he passed away.

So, cherish the time you all have with loved ones as you just never know what tomorrow will bring.

Again, many thanks for your kind words of support and caring. I have missed you all. And thank you to CT64 for this thread. I really appreciate it more than you can know.

Sylvie Pacey

Stephen, so sad to hear of your loss, it's truly hard to bear when we lose a loved one, but your dear father will always be alive in your memories of him.So while you live, so does he. I'll play a requiem for him at tomorrow evening's service this will be at 6.15 p.m G.M.T. You and your family will be in my thoughts then. I play this requiem at every service I attend, having written it for my lovely Stepson who passed away this time last year. It gives me great comfort to remember him thus. Sylvie

marval

Hi Stephen

It is good to have you back among us. Your father whatever happened to him is now at peace, you cherished him when he was alive, now you have memories to cherish.

Margaret

greatcyber

Sylvie, a very kind gesture, indeed. I'm sorry for your loss of your stepson. It's lovely that you have honoured him so.

Margaret, you are correct...my dad is finally at peace. I loved when you offered this: Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. I sent it to my sister to help lighten her load.

As I cannot leave the country yet since I am still on a visitor's visa, my family has decided to wait a few months until I get my permanet resident visa and can then freely come and go from the country without fear of not being allowed back in. Then Joe and Iwill fly down to Florida and my siblings and I will spread my dad's ashes in the ocean near where he lived, as he requested when he was alive. We will have a memorial service at that time.

marval

Hi Stephen, It will be good when you get your permanent resident visa, a memorial service is always emotional, but it is a good time to reflect and remember a loved one. And all your family can be together to share that special time.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Welcome back GC,

Again, my condolences for your loss. Its really tough the first year after losing a parent especially if you were close.

Humbly,

CD :-|

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Stephen :wave:

It's great to see you back here again. Even though my folks passed on 18 & 17 years ago respectively, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of them ... the memories never fade. Again, my sincerest condolences.

Sylvie Pacey

Hello Stephen, as promised I played requiem at our service last night. If you contact me via e.mail ([email protected]) I will e.mail you a copy if you would like it, then you can play it and hear what it sounds like. Sylvie.

greatcyber

Please allow me to reiterate my sincere appreciation for all of your kind thoughts and inspiration. I have missed being here, as for now it is a welcome respite from other distractions. Thank you all for welcoming me back and Sylvie, thank you for your special offering last night.

You are all very kind and special to me.

Sylvie Pacey

Hello Stephen, thanks for the message. I coudn't contact you through your http:// address. I don't know how to send the score apart from putting it in an e.mail. Do you have an e.mail address?
Sadly I have just lost a dear friend tonight always difficult to say goodbye to loved ones. With you in spirit. Sylvie

greatcyber

Hi Sylvie, I'm sorry to hear about your losing a friend. Jeez, it's a never ending saga every time I turn around it seems as though I am hearing about a death. It's never easy, I certainly know.

I did send you an email but I guess you didn't get it for some reason. You know you can click on my avatar and you will get my email address. You can do that for everyone in the forum, provided that they listed it in their profile.

Thanks in advance and I hope you are doing well. Sending good thoughts your way.