World's most dangerous cake recipe?

Tûrwethiel

Chocolate cake in three minutes is very dangerous in my book! I haven't tried this yet, but thought I'd share anyway.

4 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (recipe says they're optional, but I vote for mandatory)
a small splash of vanilla essence
1 coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and mix in. Add chocolate chips and vanilla and mix through again.

Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug a little, but don't be alarmed.

Allow to cool a little and tip out on a plate, if desired.

EAT! This can serve two people if you're feeling particularly virtuous.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha Tûrwethiel,

Thanx for the *quick recipe* - I am going to make it for my beloved Lady and myself just before she arrives.

Cheerio,

CD :):):)

marval

Hello Tûrwethiel,

I don't know about dangerous, but it does sound delicious.

My stomach says yes just thinking about it.

Margaret

marval

Hi CD

I am glad she loved the treat, a treat every now and again does no harm.

Margaret

Tûrwethiel

Excellent news, CD. I've been wondering about the possibility of opening the microwave after about two and a half minutes and dropping in some marshmallows.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Yay - now that our first guinea piglette has tried this (Corno) we know it's safe to make. The marshmallow insertion sounds interesting, Turwethiel, maybe we can practise being chemists when I catch up with you on Saturday arvo?

Corno Dolce

Aloha CT64,

Guinea piglet, eh??? :mad::shake::scold:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha Tûrwethiel,

I also had the idea of dropping marshmallows into the mix. I waited for 1.45 minutes and then dropped them in. I kept the mix in the micro for 3.30 minutes. The end-product was to our liking.

Cheerio,

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Now I'm just eating this as I type ... I left off the choc chips. Probably will try with them next time. It's a little weird, but very tasty, here's some photos. (before and after)

greatcyber

I think I'll try out the recipe for a snack but substitute dark chocolate , orange zest and add a teaspoon of Grand Marnier. Choco and orange is a match made in heaven. It makes my inner being smile...............
eat2.gif

Corno Dolce

Aloha GC,

Hey, you must be reading my mind telepathically - I have just made a dark chocolate cake with tangelo filling and a few dashes of Grand Marnier.

Cheerio,

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
now my criticism is that it was a little rubbery but such is the nature of microwave cooking with cakes in mind. I think adding some orange zest and alcohol might help

Tûrwethiel

You guys are very creative - I'm impressed. Impressed enough to seriously consider getting off my bottom and replacing my dead microwave with a live one!

CT, your shots remind me of a yummy chocolate self-saucing pudding I make occasionally.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
well, some chemistry lesson are required to get it to that level, plus (of course) chocolate sauce. It was, however, delicious. I might just go make another one for afternoon tea...

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I reduced the cooking time a little AND added the chocolate bits ... hmmm damned yummy, would be wonderful with King Island Cream (double cream or clotted)

Tûrwethiel

Yummy! Thanks Marval. I've bookmarked that site, too, as I don't think our local Aldi site has recipes on it.