Social Care (UK and EU)

Sylvie Pacey

Greetings to all forum users. This is to tell you that in the U.K, an attempt is being made by Govt. to replace Warden
supervision of local council sheltered housing by a mobile service.:cry: The wardens are currently being asked to leave their on-site accommodation next year (A condition of their employment was that they had to live on site and pay the council for their accommodation) Here in Bridgwater, Somerset there is a petition against these monstrous changes, which is being supported by our local M.P Mr. Ian Liddel-Grainger. This petition is being presented to the House of Commons within the next few days. If you feel strongly about this, please write to your M.P. Don't think this won't affect you, it is being rolled out all over the country and probably E.U countries, as we are told it is a European directive.:cry::cry::cry: I have written a poem regarding same and will post it on the Poetry forum. Sylvie Pacey

marval

Hi Sylvie

I think this is a dreadful state of affairs. I know when my mother was in sheltered housing, the warden was a very important person. The residents need to know that there is someone on sight in case of emergency, having mobile wardens who just check in now and again is not acceptable. They are not going to know all the people, and the wardens should live in the complex. I know what I would tell the European Directive makers.

Well my MP will know what I have to say.

Margaret