All Hallow's Eve

greatcyber

A happy Halloween to one and all. I thought it might be fun to post pics of pumpkins you have carved. I'll start it off with one from a couple of years ago that we did.

y1puQ1mmGGzrCPjW3Ads-DuegRXzZ4u6sFt_h2pSeto9Wqlzh2cF8IeFQ

marval

Hi Stephen

A happy halloween to you, I expect some trick or treaters soon.

Those are amazing pumpkins you carved.

These I am afraid I didn't do.

nerdy_pumpkins.jpg

greatcyber

Those are nice pumpkins, Margaret. Every year I get more and more kits and implements for making the carvings. It's "occupational therapy."

Does anyone have pics of halloween decorations and/or costumes?

This was part of our yard one year.
y1pdIPy9Z3Fsp_VhjWywguLLkPV2lAIIu50Hl_w3R9nKknqqwvoCeBKqQ

greatcyber

If I were to wear this costume again this year, do you think I would scare the little kiddies?

y1p80hN8KKjvtRVexgVBO_bg58gX7sEvxdZjfuUPSp7U5wWJO56MCLPRw

We are probably going to have hundreds of kids this year...a first for us as we never got more than about 50 in Florida. I'm sure many will be very young as there is an elementary school just 6 buildings away from our house. So, rather than cater to the older kids with a haunted house (which we have done in the past) we put up some cute stuffed figures that are motion activated and will have our fog machine on the terrace with a cauldron of candy. Since it is our first Halloween here, I guess we need to "feel out" what is to be expected. But it's all in good fun for the wee ones.

Maybe some happy Jacks like this one:
y1pJBVCwScsOuTxW_tYSbPZirTyqZS_JSQPvJj-4gJqAlSsldrgtMY9yA

marval

Wow Stephen, your yard looked very good. Would you scare the children, well you scared me (no just joking). I am sure the children will be just fine.

Margaret

greatcyber

3 vampires were talking and they bet to see who was the one who was able to be back at the house in less time with the face more covered in blood.

The first one left and, 5 minutes later, arrived with the face filthy with blood. The others asked:
- How did you do it?
And he answered:
- seeing those sheep over there? …

After this, the second one left and arrived even more dirty. The 2 remaining vampires asked:
- How did you do it?
And he answered:
- see those cows over there?
…
At last, the third one left.
Less than 1 minute later, he came back dirtier than the others two..

- How did you do it? – The 2 vampires asked at the same time...

And the third vampire answered:

- Do you see that wall over there?

- I didn’t…

>>..>>>>.Jacko the Halloween Pumpkin was arrested last night for verbal assault on a homeowner>........ Reports said he screamed obscenities such as>>. "Don't Move! I'll carve you up....."

hh.gif

marval

Good ones Stephen.

pumpkin4.gif
witchpot.gif

Why do demons and ghouls hang out together? A. Because demons are a ghouls best friend!

Why did the Vampire read the Wall Street Journal? Q. He heard it had great circulation.

Why did't the skeleton cross the road? A: He had no guts.

coffins34.gif

rojo

(Ret)
^^ :lol: marval and gc.

Wow Stephen, you really get into Halloween... those pumpkins are beauts.

Happy Halloween everyone!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ca_edg6RE&feature=related[/youtube]

Tûrwethiel

Fantastic, thanks Rojo. Now there's a movie I haven't seen for many years. So clever and all animation by hand, too.

marval

Happy Hallowen to you Rojo, Thanks for the video, lovely.

Why did the ghost go trick or treating on the top floor ?
He was in high spirits !

greatcyber

Thanks, Rojo, for taking me down memory lane with that vid. I thoroughly enjoyed it. We did a last minute decorating job of our front yard on Halloween, replete with floating animated heads in the front window, compliments of a scare video, carved 3 pumpkins, (we had 4 but fizzled out on the last one), had a ghost flying back and forth the front terrasse, a ghost figure on the front door, hanging cauldron with fake fire, green spotlight, motion sensor figures that screamed, played organ music, and on and on. I warned the neighbors during the day that it would be noisy that evening.

All in all, the little kids loved it. And so did there parents. Even adults walking down the street had to do a double-take and many stopped and came up on the terrasse and took some candy from a big bowl we had placed outside.

It was a lot of fun. But the day after, I put the screaming figures out on the curb (which disappeared post-haste) as I don't want to hear those screams EVER again! Several years was enough.

Let's see now, Christmas time in the city, huh? Hmmmmmmmmmm. You KNOW we'll decorate for that one, too!

greatcyber

Thanks, Margaret. In gay culture, Halloween is a Huge holiday............

But then, so is any holiday (or reason) for decorating and/or dressing up.