Facebook - there is an end in sight

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha CT64,

So, you've tried Facebook, eh? My fiancee said to me that she hopes never to find me on it. She considers it a form of *prostitution* and it has rapidly become an item of great interest for stores, firms, and companies when they build up a character-profile of a potential employee.

Cheerio,

CD :):):)

marval

Hi CD

So my husband is indulging in prostitution? No, he has joined, I on the other hand prefer a much friendlier place.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha Dame Margaret,

I totally agree - MIMF is a much friendlier place - as a matter of fact it is the friendliest place on the world-wide reticular.

Cheerio,

CD :):):)

tinkspixiedust

I have to say I find facebook quite a good way to catch up with friends, however, the applications drive me bananas!!!! And the quizzes although some nice ideas can be a pain when your "friends" ask you to complete them knowing full well they just haven't figured out that you can "skip" the send to friends section and go straight to their result!!!! LOL

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
My sister got me hooked on Facebook. Makes a good place to share family photos and newsy stuff like that. I try to keep my "wall" very private allowing only family and some very special friends to view it.

I quite agree that the applications tend to get a bit overboard. I have done a couple, but will not do the ones that ask for your mobile number at the end, as I tihnk the app wants to then send you texted messages ... I don't (and will not) have text messaging enabled. My son has it, and it infuriates me when he's over for dinner and constantly fiddling with the blasted phone texting people while we are trying to have a family discussion over good food.

Hang up and eat!! :lol:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I've been tempted ... problem is he's much more muscular than I ... but he knows I can still beat him up any day of the week ... yuppers ... I get up at 5:30am, he gets up at 7:00am:lol:

He's getting better about it - starting to realize there is more to life than blackberry's. Last time over he actually put it away at dinner ;)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:lol: @ Margaret ... That was a good one ... thanks for your wit and humour :up:

greatcyber

Since like everybody I know now seems to be on Facebook and asked me to join, I have to admit that it is a great way to just sign in for a few moments, see what is relevant with your friends, have a quick chat if your contacts are online and then log off. Ten minutes a day and no more individual emails are necessary and I enjoy seeing friends pics each day when they travel. I haven't used any applications, nor do I intend to. I uploaded some pics and a vid of my niece. Texting??? I have sent 3 whole text messages EVER. I detest being constantly "connected." Part of the luxury of being retired is being left alone. I only use the cell phone rarely and not for the important stuff like, "hi honey, I'm pulling in the driveway now."

methodistgirl

I'm on Facebook too! The reason why is the kids at my church started
a page on there. But I guess I will have to look you guys up too now!
judy tooley:grin:

marval

Glad you liked my humour Krummhorn. I hve never been on facebook, I have managed to avoid temptation.

Margaret