Zoom H2 handy recorder

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi CT,

I have the newer Zoom H4 and really enjoy its ability to truthfully capture all the nuances of the pipe organ. I am certain that the H2 does amply as well in recording all venues of music. For their size, they certainly pack a wallop of electronics inside.

I made a recording of a tune that Musicalis wrote and posted on his website. One can scroll down on that page to "Softly and Tenderly ... " ... the MP3 was recorded on my H4 and J-Paul added some reverb as my church is rather dead acoustic wise.

lucas

I have a H2 and am liking it. It does very well under a lot of different circumstances. I made the coolest recording of a woman very quietly saying a prayer in an old church in Syria, recorded some old-communists choir on the Red Square and have used it both for recording demos (for private use) and singing lessons for further studying.
It handles itself very well in a variety of situations, but if you plan to make more advanced ""layered" recordings, that is several tracks on one file, the H2 cannot do that. In that case I would recommend going for the "big brother" of H2. (can't remember the name sorry, but my friend uses one with great succes - as a matter of fact we used it tonight and it was, as always splendid sound)
They are both good. It depends on what you are after.

Hope it helps.

Lucas

*EDIT* oh... might be that the H4 is the aforementioned "big brother".. (duh)