How to...

Tûrwethiel

Oh Mat. Was it uncharitable of me to laugh until I snorted? Speaking of snorting, someone should put that poor elephant out of its misery.

Where on earth did you find those clips? Just too funny. And the sort of crimes against music that I've committed in the past!

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
I used to make fun of those recordings with my friends sometime ago. We wolud walk around and sing the new version of Hummel or the trombonist's struggle with Bolero:grin:.

I found it on a Polish website devoted to trombone. I tried to find some other How to's, but unfortunately came up empty handed.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
*The trombonists struggle with the *Bolero* - Hmmm, that piece invites me to make lurid glissandi with the 'bone - Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk by Shostakovich also invites *racy* gestures in certain passages with the 'bone.

greatcyber

Thanks, Mat. I also got a good chuckle out of those links. Reminded me of High School Band Rehearsal... Well, you have to start somewhere, right? (but, pity the parents)

Tûrwethiel

What a great story, Marval. Loved the reviews, especially the use of the word "dire". They remind me of the old LP I must have nagged my parents into buying many years ago.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gVUakcyLnsw

Actually, I think I've played for worse sopranos!

Sorry I will, one day, get CT64 to teach me how to embed and upload pictures properly!

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Oh Heaven help us!!!!!!! Put this recording on an iterating feed-loop and pipe it into a holding cell filled with criminal perps and they will fess up after 24 hours guaranteed.