Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other - Please specify in post

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Today, November 20th, is the great American Smoke out day.

Wondering how many here have quit in recent years. A recent article in the news.

I quit - cold turkey - over 4 years ago ... no regrets - Still enjoy the smell of tobacco, but not enough to start up again.

Last edited:

sunwaiter

i never smoked a cigarette, even if i ocne or twice held one. And of course we all smoke in places when smoking is allowed, i mean i include non-smokers and smokers; you know, the passive smoking thing... anyway it doesn't change the fact that i'm a non-cigarette-smoker.

marval

Well, I had one puff many years ago. All it did was make me cough, that was enough to stop me starting to smoke. I use to work with a lot of lorry drivers who smoked, I was forever going to the doctor because of a bad throat.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Aloha GrandDame Margaret,

I have puffed a cigarette, cigar, and pipe and they all sent me to the hospital - the message came through loud and clear: *Don't Go There!*

Humbly,

CD :pray::pray::pray:

marval

Hi CD

it is not good you had to go to hospital, but I am glad the message came through. Not only for your health, but think of the money you save.

Margaret

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Thank you GrandDame Margaret,

The introduction of Nicotine, however small the dosage was at the time, just so totally upset the delicate balance of my body chemistry - I remember the experience all too vividly.

Humbly,

CD :):):)

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
We *celebrate* it in Poland, too.

I don't smoke and don't like when people do while they're hanging out with me.

"Well done" to all who quit the filthy habit. And "good luck" to all who are trying to do so.

marval

We have it here in the UK, but it is on the second Wednesday of March each year. When there are lots of adverts and they try to get people to stop.

Margaret

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
I have really no idea, Krummhorn. From what I read, May 31st is the International Day Without A Cigarette (translated freely from Polish). So, I'm not so sure any more what we're celebrating today (let's skip the time difference, ok?) :confused: . What I do know is that today is also a International Day Of Kindness. It seems to be a little confusing...

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Thanks for the explanation, Mat :tiphat:

I think the world could use more International Days of Kindness :up: