midi help plleeaassee

Hey guys, me and my bandmates have been recording our instruments and my synths via digital audio and mic'd amps onto sonar 4 producer ed. Well I've really been wanting to impliment some midi into it for better timing and notation capabilities. I've hooked up both my microkorg and my alesis ion via midi to my interface but when I play....only piano sounds and stuff like from my old casio and yamaha keyboards come thru. I've programed some real nice sounds into my synths and I'd love to use them in midi but I don't know how. I have the "sonar 4 power" book and I read all my synth manuals but I just can't get it. I'm so confused. Any help would sure help. Thanks guys.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
I'm not familiar with the program you mention. But as to the "casio sounds" - have you chosen the correct devices for your MIDI (out) channels? - is the sound comming from the intended soundmodule/source? - is it playing the patches/channels you've programmed?
Maybe some of the links here: http://www.google.dk/search?hl=da&q=introduction+to+midi&meta= can give you a hint of what might be wrong in your setup.