Girls only on this one.

drummergirlamie

Is it just me ladies or are pantyhose starting to make a comeback of sorts? I was kinda concerned for a while there for it looked as though they were on the decline and hosiery companies are terrible about discontinuing or changing styles over the slightest of sales fluctuation, it seems. I've always been one to wear them more often than most, I guess? I'm a real 80's girl and I'm sure that probably helped a bit with my fanfair seein' as we probably wore them more so than any other generation of chics. Anywho, I was up in New York last week and noticed more girls wearing them then here back home. I thought this to be significant thinking places like New York, California, and Florida are often the trend-setting states, yu know? I should point out that many of these woman wear wearing opaque and patterned tights, which is often cool with me cause they look really cute with some of the stuff I often wear. Okeedoke, Ladies-help a girl out and let me know watcha know when yu know it. :)

C5Says

whether it's a trend or not, if you are comfy wearing it, then wear it. i wear it when my feet need them for my shoes (less achy) and if i feel cold (gives warmth). others wear it because they feel nude without. during the time you thought less people wore it, the supply never ran out. some manufacturers may feel on discontinuing the produce but others will see it as an opportunity as sales for them, less the quitter-competitor. :D why sacrifice your comfort for trend?

drummergirlamie

whether it's a trend or not, if you are comfy wearing it, then wear it. i wear it when my feet need them for my shoes (less achy) and if i feel cold (gives warmth). others wear it because they feel nude without. during the time you thought less people wore it, the supply never ran out. some manufacturers may feel on discontinuing the produce but others will see it as an opportunity as sales for them, less the quitter-competitor. :D why sacrifice your comfort for trend?
Comfort first, you got that right. Still got a bit of that spoiled rotten, semi-preppy girl in me, I guess?:smirk:

C5Says

if you prefer to be in discomfort, that's your risk you have to be willing to take should you choose to be without. :) it's the law of cause and effect. :D

Tûrwethiel

Hi girls!

I wear them when I wear skirts/dresses to work, although the good old black opaque tights and, dare I say, patterned stocking sock thingies get a work out in winter. Actually, I had a hell of a time finding ordinary tights this winter as it seemed that everybody except me wanted them without feet.

Now that you have me started on hosiery (you may be sorry) I once made a dreadful bulk pantyhose without reading the pack properly and they were all bl**dy hipsters. I wanted to hitch the wretched things up and pin 'em to my bra!

Actually, maybe the boys might like to comment. I read about this phenomenon in the paper the other day - http://www.e-mancipate.net/ .

Cheers

Vicki

drummergirlamie

Hi girls!

I wear them when I wear skirts/dresses to work, although the good old black opaque tights and, dare I say, patterned stocking sock thingies get a work out in winter. Actually, I had a hell of a time finding ordinary tights this winter as it seemed that everybody except me wanted them without feet.

Now that you have me started on hosiery (you may be sorry) I once made a dreadful bulk pantyhose without reading the pack properly and they were all bl**dy hipsters. I wanted to hitch the wretched things up and pin 'em to my bra!

Actually, maybe the boys might like to comment. I read about this phenomenon in the paper the other day - http://www.e-mancipate.net/ .

Cheers

Vicki
That's certainly a little on the frightening side. LMBO! And I thought the 80's was a bit much in view of the guy's lookin' way too pretty. I'm reasonably suspicious of the guys that attempt to look pretty like that. Well, imagine dating a guy like that and eventually becoming exclusives only to find out about a year later that he has the basic, multi-occassional woman's wardrobe tucked away in a footlocker somewhere? Boo. I just realized I'm contradicting myself to a minor degree, anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t62zOXvSrh0
Oops! But long hair is one thing and nylons are quite another. Wow. (Still giggling) Yu never know what your gonna see next, huh?:eek: