To The Survivors...

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
You bet, Sister Vicki. Sometimes during a class in Elementary School I would bite off the erasers on the opposite end of a pack of 20 #2 pencils!

marval

Hi CD,

That was very true, we survived a lot then that the health and safety police would not allow today. I never thought of those things as dangers. When I was a child there wasn't all the elctronic gadgets of today, we had to make our own entertainment. I remember us all standing round the piano singing.

Margaret

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Ahh, the good ol' days ...

I too chewed on pencil erasers ... never even thought otherwise about it. Even chewed on the wood part of the pencils ... didn't die from that either.

I remember riding in my folks Nash Rambler ... with seat covers from Fingerhut no less, and when on mountain roads how fun it was to slide from one side of the car to the other ... great fun and nobody got killed doing it then.

Remember the walkie-talkies? Telephone party lines? Ahh, the good ol' days.

Corno Dolce

Aloha GrandMaster Krummhorn,

I remember having a CB-radio and communicated with other CBers, finding out about road hazards, traffic jams, and best of all, doing *Smokey-Checks* :grin::grin::grin::D:D:D:lol::lol::lol: ergo, alerting the CB-brother/sisterhood about where the radar/laser traps are. Everybody used a *handle*(pseudonymous moniker). It sure kept the *Revenue Agents*(highway patrols) in check.

Cheerio,

CD :):):)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Indeed, CD ...

My CB "handle" was Grizzly Bear ... had the FCC license and all for that. In Washington state I had a base station with a 27 foot radial arm antenna on the house, and the full quarter wave (9 foot) stainless steel whip antenna mounted to the back bumper of my car.

It wasn't long before "smokey" had the CB's in their cars too ... but it was great fun and a great way to pass the time on long trips. These days, I use a GRMS radio for two way communitation; the frequencies I use require the FCC license, which I also have.

marval

We had a CB too a while back, many an interesting conversation we had. And of course no seat belts then. Oh and the good old gramaphones, as soon as one side of the LP had finished it was a dash to take off the stylus and turn the record over.

If my mother went to the butchers or the bakers, she just ordered what she wanted and it was delivered either in an old van, or by a boy on a bike. (Granville wasn't the only one.)

This says it for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoIvqoL0s4I

methodistgirl

I will tell you what I miss is the milk man coming to your door or parent's
door and delivering milk, butter, and eggs. I live right next door to M.C.
Milk CO. and milk delivery like that is ancient history now. You have to
go to the store and get it. To me that was the good ole days.
judy tooley

Corno Dolce

Aloha GM Krummhorn,

Yes of course, smokey did also have a CB but after the message went out about *smokey traps*, much of the revenue would be lost. I do gleefully recall overhearing the patrolman's grousing about those who called out the *traps* :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers,

CD :):):)