Hey, Everybody!

MoShang

Hi,

My name is MoShang and I create Downbeat Ambient Electronica always with a Taiwanese/Chinese flavor.

Listen to my music here.

The following is some more about me from a press release...

Although he is slightly embarrassed to admit it, MoShang (aka Jean Marais) started his musical career as a choirboy in his native South Africa in the early 1980's. Around the same time, he received his first computer - a Commodore VIC-20. His passion for music and computers would eventually culminate in the release of his debut solo album Made in Taiwanin 2004. Along the way, MoShang was the front man of Duusman (an Afrikaans language art rock band), played the saxophone for Tsunami (on the Gallo Jazz label), and produced 10 tracks on three award-winning music and poetry albums with the celebrated South African poet Breyten Breytenbach . He was half of the Afrikaans pop-duo 12Hz with Riku Latti (their debut Nou has been described as the most progressive Afrikaans album ever) and he received a South African AVANTI award for his music to the short film Angels in a Cage. MoShang moved to Taiwan in 2002 and is currently performing live as a solo instrumental DJ and with the improvised lounge outfit Into Thin Air.

Made in Taiwan is now available from CDBaby and Apple iTunes.

Thanks, I hope to make a useful contribution to this forum.

Lotus80

Commodore of Water Music
Hello MoShang,
welcome to MIMF
smile.gif

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here
Cheers, Lotus80
cheers444.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome MoShang!
cheers444.gif

Hope to see you around here often, and looking forward to learn more about your music (will check out your music first available time I get)
smile.gif

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi MoShang

Welcome to the MIMF site.
Hope you'll have a nice time here.

Thomas
cheers444.gif

Trebbien

Commodore of Choirs, Charm and Codes
Hello MoShang,