Robin Williams on Obama

Tûrwethiel

Too, too funny! I love the way he rambles from gag to gag.

I've bookmarked that site for future reference - looks very promising.

Cheers

Vicki

Last edited:

dll927

After all the fun the newsnoses have had crucifying GWB for the past eight years, we'll see what they have to say four years from now. Don't hold your breath.

The worst part of it is, all the pocket-liners in Congress (easily the worst part of the federal gov't.) will still be there.

Last edited:

C5Says

will get back to this. the internet cafe i'm at has no headphones (for this particular unit).

rojo

(Ret)
That Robin Williams is something else. Ever see him in interview? He'll do the whole interview while switching from one character to another, joke after joke. He's exhausting to watch. :lol: Hilarious.

Thanks Stephen :)

greatcyber

I have to admit that at times, I do the same thing. One time when I met someone new I spoke in broken "Spanglish" and told people that I was from Cuba...and got away with it. Another time I was visiting "from Germany" and only came clean after about 20 minutes of conversation. I think it's a blast to use different accents and play with folks. But then, that would be the actor in me coming out.

Rich Little is another one who acts like Robin Williams. Anyone remember how he used to "really get to" Johnny Carson?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
I think it's a blast to use different accents and play with folks.

Well, I'm kind of on the other side here. I am not a native speaker and I try not to speak with the eastern block (as one of our MIMFers called it) accent. I know that it sounds terrible, I've heard it plenty of times in movies. So, is it difficult for you, and in general, to use different accents? Fer example, is it a problem for you to speak with British accent? And does it work both ways - can a Brit speak with American accent?

greatcyber

I find it easy, others find it difficult. Some actors hire vocal coaches. I think that since I am musically inclined and have a good ear that it helps with accents. If you look at some actors, such as Hugh Lawrie (spelling?) and Nicole Kidman, they seem to be able to speak with an "American" accent for a role, yet have their native accent when in normal conversation. I guess it's just something that takes practice to perfect.

Since I just got permission to work in Canada I am going to apply for a permit and then submit new head shots to some casting agents in hopes of finding an agent up here. I guess then I'll find out if it is hard to work in a non-native tongue or if I will just have to accept roles that are only English speaking. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

rojo

(Ret)
Go for it, Stephen. :up:

I used to imitate Monty Python routines when I was a kid. That's how I learned to do a British accent. :lol: Not too classy, but there you have it.

The other night I caught Robin Williams on the Tonight Show. There was another guest on the show, a Catholic Indian woman, and because it's holiday time, he wished her a "Merry Krishna". :lol: (Hope no one takes offense to that; it's not my joke. :eek:)

I'd wager he's got a very high IQ; it's impressive the way he comes up with all that clever off the cuff commentary..

sunwaiter

"merry krishna" can not be offensive in any way, it's well done, and funny :) robin williams is an hyperactive (i'm not giving you any scoop i know...) and sometime even tiresome man, as can be jim carrey. but i also think williams owes it to his high and fast intelligence. he's the most impressive improvisator i've ever seen. that was in james lipton's "actor's studio" show. with a single scarf, picked in the audience, he did so many diferent things, without any reflection time, once he started, he was gonnnnnne.

i find this man is strange, but i love him.

www.myspace.com/olivortex

greatcyber

Thanks, sunwaiter, for providing that video link. Robin truly is a genius on stage and his improv skills are out of this world.

sunwaiter

please treat Mr Visa kindly, or else he might get burnt or wind up empty and powerless! i've been introduced to him quite recently and now i know his power!