International Collaborative Music Project

Fig000

This is an idea I've been kicking around in my head for years. I'd like to find a few musicians from all over the world and collaborate. My idea is that each musician would come up with an idea (a melody) and then put it out there for the other musicans. Each musician would add something to it, perhaps lyrics, perhaps another melody around the first melody. I am hoping to have a number of different nationalities/styles to contribute.
I realize this could be a little confusing and difficult but I think it might be worthwhile. I'm a guitar player/writer/singer from the US. I hope someone will be interested.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Well, that sure sounds like an interesting experiment! I woiuldn't have the time myself right now to contribute to that project, but I'm sure someone here would.
Please keep us posted on the development, and if you wish to use this forum as a kind of "meeting point" for your project you are welcome to do so.

Ghost Note

It sounds like an interesting proposition, What programs should we work through, should it only be wav (for there are sequencial good elements in reason and other programs) or solely by notation? (sibelius, finale?). Once we have established this we can set the program in motion.

I am gessing that there will be no set genre of music for this, it is open for anything?

Best regards
Patrik Jarlestam