• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Reccommendations on Buying a Digital organ

Buying a new Organ

Hallo, i am 16 years old and i have been studiying piano for 11 years. Recently i started taking up Organ lesson, which was what i always wanted to do, but because of the limitation of the organs in my Country (Greece) i couldnt start earlier. So, sometime , maybe close to summer (June or something) i buy an Electronic Organ for Practive at home. I can give up to 14000 Euros. I have found a pretty nice organ with great disposition, the Content Mondri 5800 (http://www.contentorgels.nl/product1.aspx?catid=30)
Here are the specifications more specifically:

Composition Mondri 5800
3 manuals: Positiv, Swell Great
30 note pedalboard (32 also available)
Concave Radial, Concave Parallel and Parallel Pedalboards available.
Options:

Thumb pistons for presets up / down
Foot pistons for presets up / down
Full Capture System: individual divisional presets per manual, including foot pistons
Wooden draw stops
High quality tracker touch manuals
(for more Check out the Site)

Disposition:

Pedal
Great
Swell
Violone
32'​
Bourdon
16'​
Diapason
8'​
Open Diapason
16'​
Open Diapason
8'​
Bourdon
8'​
Subbass
16'​
Rohrflöte
8'​
Gamba
8'​
Octave
8'​
Quintaten
8'​
Voix Celeste
8'​
Gedeckt
8'​
Octave
4'​
Gemshorn
4'​
Choralbass
4'​
Flute
4'​
Nachthorn
4'​
Mixture
IV rks​
Twelfth
2 2/3'​
Nasard
2 2/3'​
Bombarde
32'​
Fifteenth
2'​
Conical Flute
2'​
Contra Trumpet
16'​
Mixture
IV rks​
Mixture
III rks​
Fagotto
16'​
Cymbal
II rks​
Fagotto
16'​
Trumpet
8'​
Double Trumpet
16'​
Oboe
8'​
Clarion
4'​
Trumpet
8'​
Trumpet
4'​
Coupler
POS-PED​
Tremulant

Tremulant

Coupler
GT-PED​
Coupler
POS-GT​
Sub Octave

Coupler
SW-PED​
Coupler
SW-GT​
Super Octave

Mono Bass

Unison Off

Positiv
Solo
Stopped Diapason
8'​
Harmonic Flute
8'​
Principal
4'​
Concert Flute
4'​
Rohrflöte
4'​
Clarinet
8'​
Quintflute
2 2/3'​
Vox Humana
8'​
Waldflöte
2'​
Tuba
8'​
Tierce
1 3/5'​
Trompette en Chamade
8'​
Ripieno
1 1/3'​
Tremulant

Sifflöte
1'​
Coupler
SOLO-POS​
Krummhorn
16'​
Coupler
SOLO-GT​
Cromorne
8'​
Coupler
SOLO-SW​
Tremulant

Coupler
SOLO-PED​
Coupler
SW-POS​
Coupler
Pedal Solist​

I have Found this organ in stock on an English Site for 12000 Pounds.
I think it is a pretty Good price for a 3 manual Organ.
I would like to hear and your opinion...
What i dont know is much about Content organs themselves. I mean, what is their quality (both sound and construction)

Thank you for replying

Nicholas Papadimitriou

jvhldb

Welcome to the site.

I'm not fimilliar with the brand, but with the specs supplied I won't mind operating this appliance if our church were to put one in.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Interesting ... tried to get a sample of the sound of this organ from their website but was unable to do so ... bummers ... would like to hear what it sounds like.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Thanks for the sound clips ... :up:

Wonderful sound - very clear with speech characteristics that of the pipe organ.
I am enamored with the case design on these "upright organs". An innovative design I've not seen other organ companies offer.

Looks like a fine organ to own, to me.

Thanks for the sound clips ... :up:

Wonderful sound - very clear with speech characteristics that of the pipe organ.
I am enamored with the case design on these "upright organs". An innovative design I've not seen other organ companies offer.

Looks like a fine organ to own, to me.

Yea i like that case too, ( i really like that it has draw stops) and the sound is indeed great! Thanks for sharing your opinion with me

magnum opus

Hello Nicholas,
We have recently got a Content D6800 (3 man/ ped) digital classical organ in our church in India (Mumbai). I've been happy with the instrument. It has a nice sound and a large range of registers with pre-programmed voices in the soundbank.

You have to make sure that the amplification is adequate.
All the best,
Ravi

Hello Nicholas,
We have recently got a Content D6800 (3 man/ ped) digital classical organ in our church in India (Mumbai). I've been happy with the instrument. It has a nice sound and a large range of registers with pre-programmed voices in the soundbank.

You have to make sure that the amplification is adequate.
All the best,
Ravi

Thank you for replying!
I have heard also many sound samples and the sounds are really good!
The organ is for my house, so i dont need many amplifiers!

Regards Nick