TV Shows

magoo

I noticed we have a thread here about Lost, which I agree is a great show. What other TV shows does everyone like? I don't get time to watch much TV at the moment but my favourite recently has been Aussie comedy Kath and Kim. Anybody else?

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Well, I generally liked "frasier" when they made that. Nice kind of humor.
(I don't watch much TV so there's probably a lot shows I missed)

Clownpaint

I just watch motorsport regularly. Documentaries and a couple of other odd programs I just watch when I can be bothered.

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Re: TV Shows - Allo Allo

One of the TV-stations here in Denmark are rerunning the British comedyshow 'Allo 'Allo from 1982-92. It's a blast, utterly amusing. My favorite character is the English policeman, Crabtree, incapable of speaking French.

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more

I watch TV a lot during the night (at work
grin.gif
), unfortunally nothing really good is beeing broadcasted. During the day I don`t watch much TV, but when I do I like to watch Keeping up appearances. I used to love watching a British comedyshow called Red dwarf, when I lived in England, but that`s many years ago

Jette
smile.gif

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music

Fraiser is my favourite series, but I also like Keeping up Apperances.
But in general I feel taht there is too many "pop/mainstream series" at the moment - all of the direct from the US of course
wink.gif

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more

Just watch Allo Allo for the first time tonight. You are right Thomas it`s very amusing and the policeman is hilarious. I`m definitely gonna watch it from now on. Thanks
up.gif

Jette
grin.gif

jason

My favorite TV shows at the moment are (in no particular order) are:

Sopranos
House
Property Ladder
ER
Seinfeld
Curb Your Enthusiasm

The order depends on what's in season.

rojo

(Ret)

Well, I watch tv to relax, so mainly I go for comedies. Seinfeld is very funny in english but dubbed in french, is not. Have enjoyed some Brit-coms, and I like Jeopardy.

AnnaBanana

OK, I'll be really strange and say that I LOVED Docter Who when it was on!! I really dont know why that in particular, but hey!! Not sure it'll be so good with the new Docter (No more Chris Eccleston
bawling.gif
bawling.gif
)
Anna
banana.gif
banana.gif

ps. sorry if you don't have a clue what I'm on about!!
wink.gif

ApeXX

Banned
Well, I generally liked "frasier" when they made that. Nice kind of humor.
(I don't watch much TV so there's probably a lot shows I missed)

Frasier an awesome show a few years back. Now all they play are re-runs.

Has anyone ever seen the show M.D. House? Very interesting show if you ever get a chance. It combines intelligent medical drama with sarcasm and humor.

corno

Sr. Regulator
Unfortunately "House" hasn't arrived at the TV stations here in Denmark - yet, but perhaps it will in year or so...

ApeXX

Banned
I have never been outside of the US, so I have no idea, but does Denmark get main US channels like ABC, NBC, or Fox? If so, then it would most likely air on your Fox channel. I have a feeling that because of the distance between Denmark and the US, you have your own main channels to watch.

corno

Sr. Regulator
I don't know of anyone here in Denmark who gets ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox ect. - the standard layout for cable channels as well as sattelite channels is made up of some 9-10 Danish channels (including local channels for your region), a couple of channels from the countries around us, like Sweden, Norway and Germany (the channel composition varies on where you live in this country - for instance the German channels are in greater numbers the closer you get to Germany) and a few internationalised BBC channels (Prime and World) - a few international versions (I think) of CNN, Discovery, National Geographic Channel, Animal Planet - some sportschannels Eurosport and Viasat sport - and then the "odd" moviechannel like TCM and Hallmark.
It's of course possible to expand/decrease the number of channels, subscriptionwise. But when it comes to "real US channels" nobody seems to carry it, not even the sattelitechannels we can receive. - Also a channel like the Sci-fi channel which is also aired in the UK is impossible to receive here in Denmark. - The channel makeups and limitations are at times fairly odd, but I hope that with the introduction of higher bandwiths on the internet and the introduction of HDtv - which is also in it's infancy here (HDtvs are starting being marketed but HDtv programs are still in the distant future) - the variety of channels will change due to the easier access.

Underscore

My favourite TV shows are Sopranos, Band of Brothers and Twin Peaks.

Im currently watching Deadwood, which is dead good (excuse the pun
wink.gif
) if you are a fan of the western genre and I highly recommend it.

egue

there was "the carnivale" ı liked it a lot..and "six feet under"..and "lost"..

giovannimusica

Commodore de Cavaille-Coll
I have acquired the DVD set of all episodes of the Danish Police Thriller *Rejseholdet* and I must confess that it is some of the best programming that I have seen in a long time. Another TV series which I liked was *Die Strassen von Berlin* - another Police Drama. Very rarely do I like anything coming out of Hollywood.

Giovanni
tiphat.gif

Basia

One of the TV-stations here in Denmark are rerunning the British comedyshow 'Allo 'Allo from 1982-92. It's a blast, utterly amusing. My favorite character is the English policeman, Crabtree, incapable of speaking French.

Haha, 'Allo 'Allo has GOT to be one of my favourites. They just can't get enough of those onion sellers
tongue.gif
!! The policeman too, is seriously funny, "The doors need a good lick and belt, we have to be siff from the Girmins." Lol.

In Australia here, we probably have about 60% of American TV shows braodcasting, but we do get English shows too. Otherwise, we have our own shows like 'Neighbours' and 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'.

Lotus80

Commodore of Water Music

My favourite show has to be Desperate Housewives.
But I also like Stargate SG1, House MD and Sex and the City

arianna

I seem to watch just repeats now - no new programming really interests me.

Shows include:

Seinfeld
South Park
The Simpsons
The Amazing Race
Cheers
Frasier

And random comedy festivals broadcasted.

I can't watch much Primetime because I seem to be watching hockey all the time. I'd like to watch TV shows' seasons on DVD. That'd be a fun way to spend a rainy day - it'd be like a long movie. :)