• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

orgel-samples?!?

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Sikke en masse nye fora...
Så vil jeg da lige være den første til at stille et spørgsmål her...
Findes der nogle gode soundbanks/samples/soundfonts eller lign. med gode kvalitets orgellyde... - mit Roland SC-8850 har da nogle hæderlige lyde men jeg kunne godt tænke mig at ekspirimentere lidt mere end med de standardiserede lyde og komme "virkeligheden" lidt nærmere.
smile.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Desværre er de fleste "default" orgel-samples på synthesizere og lydmoduler ofte af meget ringe kvalitet, men jeg har selv programeret nogle, hvis jeg selv skal sige det, gode orgellyde på bl.a. min Roland JV-1080. Jeg ved ikke om de er kompatible med din SC-8850? Med hensyn til desiderede sample-cd'er med orgellyde er jeg desværre på bar bund, men måske er der nogen der ved noget mere om det?

Pamadu

Civilian
mmmmmm SCPOP is OK.!!!!!!. I have it here,and it is very convincing. have a look at this as well.
http://www.hauptwerk.co.uk/
This is a Virtual Pipe Organ Project and also Martin Dyde who is Doing this is "very approachable" if you have any questions. cheers. pamadu/Paul.
smile.gif

Pamadu

Civilian
worth also a look if you miss the page for above Jeux Pipe Organ Font...this link is usfull for free downloads of many other sound fonts,other than orgel.
http://www.ibiblio.org/thammer/HammerSound/hs_soundfonts.html
busy day today catching up on emails and replies.
cheers pamadu/Paul.
smile.gif

P.S. i also have a Complete Crystal FM Synthesis (AW37)
PnP Roland MPU-401 compatible sound card program. very very convincing for midi work,easy to use, and used a lot by me,before soundblaster,for work on arrangements etc...it also covers "wave Streaming".... just contact and can give details.
smile.gif

Pamadu

Civilian
the above AW37 (Forgotten win95 program),used in conjunction with "A stereo enhancement midi program" i have,has kept me in business with top musos,as a pre/demo
midi mix,to send back & forth (small files).....until a final mix is decided on. Again,contact me if interested,and i can supply links etc. all free,not shareware.Cheers/skal.
pamadu/Paul.
cool.gif