New Member Introduction

rovikered

Hi everyone !

Just a brief message to introduce myself : Derek Hartwell from the United Kingdom, an organist and teacher of music. In both teaching and performing my main interest lies in the performance of the classical music repertoire.
I am particularly interested in the composers J.S. Bach, Brahms, Mendelssohn, Rachmaninoff and the nineteenth/twentieth century French composers of organ music (especially Messiaen).
I look forward to finding some topics and discussions to which I can contribute and from which I can learn.

Best wishes to all,

rk :)

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hello Derek:wave:,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find a lot of discussion to which you can contribute. Join in and have fun.

Cheers,
Mat

CMB

Hi RK and welcome!

I myself have just been introduced to the music of Messiaen as well, thanks to a nice donation to the station. She donated a lot of modern composers' recordings, including Messiaen and Scriabin.

-Kelly

Muza

Hi Derek,

Its nice to have you here - i am certain you will find many discussions where you participate and learn as well as educate others.

Welcome!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
:wave: Welcome to MIMF, Derek :tiphat:

Always great to meet another organist who has joined this forum community.
We know you will enjoy this very addicting site and look forward to seeing you around the different boards here.

Enjoy ... :banana: